First Post!


I decided to go ahead and create a blog. Why not? I follow one of my niece's blogs, as well as a blog created by the wife of a friend. I don't expect mine to be as exciting as theirs, but, what the heck? This is life in a small southern town that is nestled in the valley close to the Smoky Mountains.

I grew up in a large family, and most of us have found our way back home after living away. I know this sounds cliche, but after 9/11, I think a lot of people started realizing what is really important in life, and that is
family. With my parents getting older, I was ready to come home. I didn't expect to live quite this close to "home": Our house is just up the street from my parents' house, the house where I grew up.

I am quickly approaching an "empty nest". I'm learning to appreciate the hectic life of high school boys because it will be gone in the blink of an eye! My youngest son just earned his learner's permit. Why is it I can actually drive with him without getting too stressed out when there was
no way I could do that with my other 2 sons? It can't be that I'm getting old. Nope, no way that's it!

So, here is my life. It may be kind of boring, but it's mine!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts