My First Random Dozen

I can do this. Not to be a copy-cat or anything (got the idea from a friend!), but I can do this.

This is the Random Dozen for the week:

1. Have you ever fired a gun or shot a bow and arrow?
Yes. I actually took Marksmanship as one of my PE's in undergrad school. I think it's good for everybody to know how to shoot a gun just in case. And, one time, shortly after I got married, my husband took me out shooting. I shot a coke can with a pistol. Husband was very impressed; I was very lucky! I never told him it was pure luck! And that was the last time I shot a gun.

2. Do you know where your childhood best friends are?
As a matter of fact, I do. We're in the middle of planning our 30th High School Reunion and I'm in charge of the contacts. I sure hope the reunion is as much fun as the planning has been!

3. Do you usually arrive early, late, or on time?
I really, really try to arrive early or on time. The older I get, the later I get.

4. Are you more of a New York or California type?
Okay, I'm not real sure what this means. I'm pretty laid back, which would be Cali, but I like my 4 seasons, which would be NY. Now that I think about it, I think I'm neither...just a Southern Girl at heart!

5. Do you have a special ring tone?
Right now I have "Fallin' for You" by Colbie Caillett. Such a catchy tune! And, yes, I change it according to the seasons: "Saturday in the Park" (Chicago) in the summer, "Down the Field" (UT Fight Song) for the fall & football season, and "Christmas in Dixie" (Alabama) for Christmas.

6. What is your favorite type of chip?
That's a tough one. Sun Chips are really good, but if I feel like I have to be good, Regular
Baked Lays make the list.

7. Best comedy you've ever seen is ....
Wow. I
love comedies. Adam Sandler movies are hysterical, the Goldmember movies are also really funny. It depends on my mood as to how funny I think the movies are. "Zoolander" and "Rat Race" are always good for a laugh.

8. Have you ever cut your own hair? To quote Dr. Phil, "How'd that work for ya?"
I don't think so. My dad cut our hair when I was little until mom (bless her heart!) stepped in and decided it was time for a professional to get involved!

9. If you were going to have an extreme makeover, would you rather it be about your house or your personal self?
Definitely my house. We live in a house that's almost 50 years old, and we're the 2nd owner. We couldn't beat the price or location, but it's definitely a fixer-upper!

10. Are you allergic to anything?
Thankfully, no. Wait...does housework count?

11. Why is it so hard to change?
For me, I like routine. It's my comfort zone. I don't like being outside of that zone.

12. One last question dedicated to February love: CS Lewis said, "To love is to be vulnerable." Please share one example of that assertion or share any thought you'd like to about this topic.
It's so hard to open your heart and yourself to someone. When your emotions are so strong and you put yourself out there, you open yourself up to being vulnerable and hurt. I remember such strong emotions, remember being hurt, but more importantly, remember being so much in love. The memories and experiences are part of what makes me the person I am today!

8 comments:

  1. I can definetly relate to #9. The realtor that sold us our house kept saying it has a lot of potential. Should have known better but I'm enjoying it for the most part it keeps me busy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Hit the coke can! I guess your husband has retained that memory in some part of his psyche!

    I scrolled down on your blog and saw that you're new to blogging! Welcome and have fun! Your park looks like the one my mom grew up with. When we went to my grandparents' each summer we'd go to the park and just love every bit of it! It was in Ft. Smith, AR...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your #4 answer, and I can't believe how many people have said their favorite chip is Sun Chips. I've never had them, but I guess I'll have to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the random! Tim's class didn't have a 30th...how sad is that? I don't know why-I guess no one wanted to do the organizing.

    I signed up as your first follower : ) Have fun with your blog...from your questions I'm pretty sure you're way more tech savvy than me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome to RD! Glad you jumped in! I would love to live in a fixer-upper---but I'm fairly sure it'd take us FOREVER to fix it up! My husband is not a do-it-yourselfer...so I'd have to wait for the money to fix each room by bringing in outside help.

    Enjoyed your answers.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  6. welcome to RD...
    coke can shooting is fun!

    a Southern Girl at heart, that's me, too!

    go, Colbie Caillett!

    my daughter loves baked Lays

    fixer-uppers are hard work...for sure
    great answers to the love question

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adam Sandler movies are awesome...and I'm a South Carolina gal myself...so I'm feeling ya there lol. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Enjoyed your answers! So glad that you joined us in Random Dozen. It is a lot of fun and you meet some great people. Welcome to the world of blogging too. I joined as a follower, so I will be back. Thanks for sharing! Stop by and visit if you get time.

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts