A Different Kind of Meme

Patty at Reasons for Chocolate tagged me in a really cool meme: 
My Favorite Catholic Prayers

Here are the rules:
  
 "Name your three most favorite Catholic devotional prayers, and explain why they're your favorites. Then tag five bloggers - give them a link, and then go and tell them they have been tagged. Finally, tell the person who tagged you that you've completed the meme. The Liturgy and the Sacraments are off limits here. I'm more interested in people's favorite devotional prayers." 

1.  Prayer to Guardian Angel:
"Angel of God, my guardian dear, to whom God's love entrusts me here.  Ever this day be at my side, to light, and guard, to rule, and guide.  Amen"
This was a prayer that I learned as a child and has helped me through many thunderstorms and other scary things.

2.  The Rosary
There have been many, many nights when I have fallen asleep with my Rosary in my hands because I have been troubled or scared.  My mom told me that the devil won't bother the Virgin Mary, so she is my "go to" saint.  

3.  I don't know if this counts as a "devotion", and this may be more of a "ditty" than a prayer:
"Tony, Tony come around.  Something's lost and can't be found."  
St. Anthony is the patron saint of lost objects.  If you lose something, say the above while you're looking for the object, and be prepared.  I once had a staff member at school tell me that she had lost a necklace somewhere in the school.  She said she had looked everywhere.  I told her about St. Anthony (she isn't Catholic).  She came to me a few hours later and said she had found it:  in the bathroom where she had already looked.  She said that she looked very thoroughly in the bathroom and it wasn't there.  She found it in a place in the bathroom where she had already looked.  Little miracles happen every day...you just have recognize them!

I'm looking forward to hearing what these 5 people come up with:

Tina at A View From a Hill (surprise, surprise!)
Sister Ann Marie from Franciscan Life
Rebecca at Feel My Love
Karen at Crooked Lines

5 comments:

  1. Those are great favorites. I heard someone say the "Tony, Tony" version before. Never could remember it until you just wrote it. My kids will be greatful.

    The irony, Something lost something found!

    Looking forward to taking a look at the others you listed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorites too ~ although I can never remember the last prayer when I've lost something...which is probably a good clue as to why I lose things to begin with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so not gonna have three - good Catholic prayers/devotionals are something I have been craving so I am going to LOVE reading the other ladies picks. (And I'll come up with my own too, I'm sure, it will just need to be not at 10:30 at night after a loooooong week - so I'll have my post, just on the slower end).

    ReplyDelete
  4. St. Anthony has found so many things for me - it's amazing really.

    My post is about to go up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved these prayers as a kid. My best friend was Catholic and I spent a lot of time in their home and at church with them. I played guitar and on Saturday evenings..we would attend Rock Mass...by the time I was a teen I as playing with them. I flew to WA state once in very bad weather...and the Catholic priest sitting in the seat in front of me...finally gave me his rosary to hold...he was surprised when I began praying with it. I made sure when I was at the Vatican...that I got a rosary...and blessed by the Pope.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts