Meet Me on Monday & Mexican Trifle



It's time for "Meet Me on Monday", hosted by Java.  Here's her description:

"Blogging is a funny thing...we tell our most intimate thoughts for all to read and yet most of the time I find myself sitting and wondering, "who is this person!?"  I know them...but yet I don't know them!  I want to know who the person is behind all those words so I thought of a great way for all of us to "meet" each other!

Every Sunday I will post five get to know you questions that you can copy and paste into your own Monday post and we can all learn a little more about each and every one of us!!"


1. What is your favorite holiday?
Thanksgiving...hands down.  You get together with family, eat, watch some football, drink some wine/beer, and you don't have the stress of having to buy presents!
 
2. What color clothing do you wear the most?
Blue.  I didn't notice I wore a lot of blue until one of my students (a long time ago) asked me if my favorite color was blue because that's all I wore!  Since then, I've been trying to branch out to different colors, but blue is my "go to" color!
 
3. What is your heritage?
German.  That's it, just German.  Although my maternal grandfather immigrated from the corner where the Czech Republic, Poland, and Slovakia meet, they spoke German and were considered Austrian.  My daddy spoke German in the home growing up and my mom's family only spoke German when they didn't want her to know what was being said.  Unfortunately, that was not passed on to us.
 
4. What is your middle name?
Patricia
 
5. What is your favorite cookie?
White Chocolate Macadamia...the bigger the better!

If you want to participate in Meet Me on Monday, go over to Java's and link up!

And, since I told a few people I would post this recipe on Friday (but I was way to busy to put it in a post), I figured I'd better go ahead and post it.  It's really easy, and very, very good!

Mexican Trifle Bowl Salad

Cornbread
1 box Jiffy corn bread mix plus ingredients to make per box
1 (4 oz) can green chilies undrained
1 clove garlic
Mix together and bake in baker for 20 minutes at 400

Salad Layers

15 oz pinto beans
15 oz. whole kernel corn
1 large tomato (or salsa)
1 green or red pepper
1 medium onion (opt.)
2 cups shredded cheese
6-8 pieces bacon fried crisp or 2 cups cooked chicken or ground beef (I used 2 packages of the Tyson chicken-Southwestern Style)

Dressing

1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup sour cream
1 package dried Ranch Dressing mix
Mix and set aside

Layer 1/2 of crumbled corn bread on the bottom of the trifle bowl.
Add in layers 1/2 each of pinto beans, corn, tomato (or salsa), pepper, onion, mean, dressing, and cheese.
Repeat layers.
Keeps well and can be made ahead.

6 comments:

  1. Okay. We have way too much in common. Large families. Same favorite color, cookie, name (although it is your middle name...and I do have a sister with your first name).

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, um... the mexican trifle is WW friendly, right?? LOL Gosh, that sounds delish!!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your post. I too am a blue clothing person. lol. I try to step out of my comfort zone and get something different once in awhile. lol
    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trifle does sound yummy! I'm going to have to try it one day soon.

    It was neat learning about your heritage. It's too bad they didn't teach you the language and culture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great idea. I will try to join in soon. It often takes me awhile to get the routine down.
    The receipes sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We like alot of the same things, Mary! The cookies, thanksgiving, blue!! :-)
    And thank you so much for the recipe! It sounds wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts