Falling into RD



Linda did a really good job with the questions this week, especially since she "gave" her original questions to her daughter and had to come up with new ones!  Here are this week's questions:

1. Have you, or has someone close to you, ever won an award for anything? (I just came from my dad's ceremony wherein he was given a medal of honor by the French government for service in France in WWII. Pictures to follow.)
My father-in-law was awarded the Order of St. Michael.  According to AAAA:  "the Order of Saint Michael recognizes individuals who have contributed significantly to the promotion of Army Aviation in ways that stand out in the eyes of the recipient's seniors, subordinates, and peers. These individuals must also demonstrate the highest standards of integrity and moral character, display an outstanding degree of professional competence, and serve the United States Army Aviation or civilian aviation community with distinction."  Very proud of you, Pop!
My maternal mother-in-law was honored with a papal award for lay persons for outstanding charity work.  I'm not sure what it was called; maybe the Order of St. Gregory?  

2. Who is the nearest relative to you who has served in the US Military?
My husband went to USMA for a year to play football  (but he hurt his knee) and then went into the National Guard until right after YS was born. 

3. Share something that stirs the patriotic spirit in you.
Seeing the flag and hearing the National Anthem being played.

4. Where are you in the birth order in your family? Do you think your "placement" made a difference in your personality?
I'm #8 out of 10, the youngest girl.  Comparing myself to my older siblings, I would say my placement definitely made a difference in my personality.  I'm pretty much a "go with the flow", peacemaker, don't rock the boat kind of person.

5. Name one trait you hope you carry that was evidenced in your parents or grandparents.
Compassion.  Nothing else needs to be said about that.

6. If female, do you prefer wearing a skirt or pants? If male, shirt and tie or polo?
I've always preferred wearing pants.  They're just so much more comfortable!  

7. Approximately how many times do you wake during the night? What do you do to go back to sleep?
Once.  I usually go right back to sleep, unless CH is sawing some logs.

8. Share a favorite movie quote.
"You're supposed to be the leading lady in your own life, for God's sake! " (Iris in The Holiday.  LOVE that movie; I've probably seen in 50 times, but it never gets old!)

9. What is your favorite Fall candle scent?
Pumpkin spice.

10. What is one Fall activity you're looking forward to?
A few years ago, CH, YS, & I went on a hayride around the Cove.  I really would like to do that again.  It was so neat:  we left around dusk; by the time we got back it was dark.  Crisp, cool night, no streetlights, and coyotes in the fields.

11. Tell us about a pleasant surprise that happened to you recently.
I can't think of any surprise recently. 

12. What was it like when you first met your in-laws-to-be? 
I met my future FIL at a McDonald's in Knoxville.  CH was going home to Alabama with his brother & father, so I met them there.
I didn't meet my MIL until a couple of days before we got married.  They were both extremely nice, even though I don't think they were too hyped up on CH getting married to a girl who was 2 years older than him.  I couldn't have asked for better in-laws!

Don't forget to link up at 2nd Cup of Coffee!

13 comments:

  1. I met my in laws two days before our wedding! If I'd met them any earlier, I'm not sure we would still have gotten married. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayrides really do "SAY" it is fall! I'm loving the crisp mornings we're having. Of course, I'm not standing at the bus stop like my kids! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your family members! It is incredibly inspiring to read of those who give of themselves so tirelessly!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hayrides are out for me....I am deathly allergic to hay...did not know it....til I was on a hayride and my lips started swelling....along with my eyes and nose. Can you say eppi pen?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just bought a pumpkin spice yesterday! Too funny!

    In the summer, I like to wear summer dresses or skirts - cute ones. I just don't like cloth touching my thighs when it is so bloody hot out.

    In the cooler months (like 95 degrees) I like to wear pants or shorts.


    I saw you tagged me. I just did that 10 things one...I'll wait for now:) Thanks, anyway. Very sweet!

    BTW, my hubby was in the National Guard, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holy cow! 8 of 10??!!?! I can see where you get "go with the flow." Thanks for sharing. Blessings, SusanD

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, that hay ride sounds wonderful! I enjoyed all of your answers, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds like a wonderful award.
    Compassion is a great trait. I always wear pants or capris. That is a wonderful movie, I watch it often. Love your background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. That's awesome - can't wait to see pictures.

    4. 10 siblings...yeesh! I think I'd opt for go with the flow as well.

    8. I love The Holiday too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been away and had trouble with some of the blogs at my moms.

    I didn't know they did hayrides at CC...course I've never been there in the fall but that sounds so fun!

    Love the quote too : )

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember going on a hayride with the CYO when I was a senior dating that guy you know. It was fun. I'd like to do that again.

    Love the autumn background!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is the best background ever. Love the that was then this is now pic
    Hi , stopping by to look around , say hi and let you know that I'm
    following you from mama to 3 blessings blog hop

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts