Joyce has taken the initiative to pick up where the Random Dozen has left off...kind of! Isn't her button just absolutely beautiful? Her Daughter1 made it for her! This is the first edition of Wednesday Hodgepodge: 7 questions to answer with the opportunity to add your own random item. I ♥ this idea!
1. Do you think you're more like your mom or your dad?
Definitely my mom. Sometimes I think I'm so much like my mom that it's scary.
2. Do you like roller coasters?
No. I can tolerate the older ones, but don't put me on one where your feet dangle down. We used to live near Carowinds, and they had a new Rugrats ride. (A kiddie ride, okay?) You had a harness and your feet dangled down. Nothing major; you got on and rode around some turns. People on the ground had super water guns so they could shoot you with the water. When you had on a bathing suit, you slid around in the seat. I didn't like it...Not. One. Bit.
3. How did you name your blog and do you now wish you'd thought about it maybe another five minutes before you hit publish? Would you change your blog title if it were not a huge pain in the derriere? (French makes everything sound a little nicer doesn't it?)
I thought about it for all of about 1 day. I live in a small town, but, to be perfectly honest, it doesn't feel like it's as small as it is (around 8000 people) because there's a bigger town attached to it. If I had to do it over, I probably would name it something else, but I have no idea what I would call it.
4. What is the best wedding gift you received? Not married? Didn't get any gifts? Then what is the best wedding gift you've given?
We were given a set of silverware from CH's Danish grandmother, his mor mor. We only use it for special dinners: Christmas and Easter, mostly.
5. What is the one bill you most hate to pay?
LOL! Now that's funny!
6. Is the glass half full or half empty?
"Is the glass half full or half empty? Depends on if you're pouring or drinking." Bill Cosby
(Yes, I'm avoiding the question.)
7. What is your favorite word? Okay okay. Calm down. How about one of your favorite words?
I don't know that I have any favorite words. Payday, maybe?
8. Now, this is where you insert one random thought of your own...maybe something that struck you as funny, something that recently had you scratching your head in confusion, something that annoyed you a teensy bit, something on your to do list, something you are looking forward to, whatever. As long as it is in keeping with the friendly tone we've all come to know and love on Wednesdays then we're good. Don't make me get out my wooden spoon.
Sometimes we find the most random things in our yard. I found this yesterday:
Head over to Joyce's to link up. It's gonna be a good time!