Time again for the Wednesday Hodgepodge! Joyce has come up with 7 hodgepodgy questions to keep our brains thinking during these hot days! Want to join in? Click here, cut & paste the questions in a post, and don't forget to link up!
1. Do you and your family enjoy camping? What do you enjoy most/like the least when it comes to family camping? When was the last time you camped?
Let me put it to you this way: My idea of roughing it is no continental breakfast. CH & the boys like to camp, and I can tolerate it...as long as it's in a campground. No squatting and using leaves for me! I love sleeping in a tent, especially in the rain (as long as there are no leaks). I don't enjoy having to actually get dressed to go pee, but I love having a campfire.
2. Did you attend a summer camp when you were a kid? Is that a happy or not so happy memory?
Let's see...I lived in a house with 9 other kids. Every day was camp.
3. Over the course of your life, what have you probably spent more time pondering than anything else?
The true meaning of life. (Just kidding.) I'm not much of a "ponderer".
4. Which of the seven natural wonders of the world would you most like to see? There are many lists of 'wonders' but this is the standard natural wonder list-Mount Everest, The Great Barrier Reef, The Grand Canyon, Victoria Falls, The Harbor of Rio de Janerio, Paricutan Volcano and The Northern Lights.
The Northern Lights or the Grand Canyon. There are so many cool things in our country!
5. What was your first real job?
If by real job you mean professionally, than it would be as a speech pathologist in a school in NW Ga. I was hired before I graduated from undergrad school. If by real job you mean where you had to be responsible and be on a schedule, then it would be the basketroom at the pool during the summer.
6. Lemonade or Sweet tea...which do you prefer on a hot summer day?
I really like sweet tea, but everytime I drink it I end up in the bathroom with stomach cramps. Okay, I know that was definitely TMI! Lemonade is okay, but I'm not much of a lemonade drinker. Just give me a glass of water and I'm good to go.
7. What is something that always brings a smile to your face?
A baby laughing or cooing. There is the cutest baby in Mass every Sunday. This past Sunday her big brother was playing with her, and she's just at that stage where she will kind of squeal instead of laugh. It was just adorable.
8. Insert your own random thought here.Some days we all need to hear words of encouragement:
And, for more inspiration, here's a webcam for the baby eagles that aren't too far from the small town:
Webcam chat at Ustream