Wednesday Hodgepodge


Time to get my butt in gear after my break and start blogging again! Here are the questions Joyce has for us this week:

1. Have you ever been 'asked' to report for jury duty? Were you chosen to serve? If not, were you happy or disappointed?
Why, Joyce, what a GREAT question!  (ha, ha!)  I did my civic duty yesterday, for the 3rd time in 3 different states.  In Ga., I was part of a jury for a drug trial.  In SC, it was a murder trial, and I was the only female juror.  Yesterday was my lucky day:  I wasn't chosen, and I was relieved. 
The trial was only suppose to last a couple of hours and it started this afternoon.  AND, it's the only case on the docket this week, so my duty is done.
2. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very), how mechanically inclined are you? Give an example to back up your answer.
3, but only after someone shows me how to do it.  I have no examples...my mind is still on vacation!

3. Beets-cabbage-cauliflower-butternut squash....of the four, which is your favorite fall vegetable?
Raw cauliflower.

4. What do you recommend to overcome self-pity?
Do something I like, watch a movie.

5. Do you enjoy classical music?
I love classical music.  My high school band director (even though I only had him until my freshman year...I don't claim his replacement!) brought classical music to life for us.  He would tell us stories about when the pieces were composed when we were learning to play them.

6. October is National Book Month...what's on your reading list this month?
Right now I'm reading "Rescue" by Anita Shreve.  I'm just about halfway through it.

7. What is your idea of 'cute'?
Another great question!  Last week, CH & I went to London for a week.  The first couple of days we were there, we walked down to the "hop on, hop off" bus early---around 8:00 a.m.  The little kids wearing their uniforms with their jackets and hats, riding their scooters or walking with their "mums":  Too stinkin' cute!  I wanted to get a picture (just of their backs, of course), but by the time I thought it, it was too late.  

8. Insert your own random thought here.
London was just AMAZING!  The tube was easy to figure out, and a friend had lent us her atlas of London's streets and tube stations, which was a life-saver.  I didn't take my laptop, but I did write notes at the end of each day.  We packed our days full of site-seeing, and walked a lot.  I'm planning on taking each day and writing one post about it, hopefully starting tomorrow.  I've spent the last 3 days going through my 1,000 pictures, but the pictures just don't do it justice.  It was just incredible.  So, if you want a whirl-wind tour of London, come on back!

10 comments:

  1. Hubs and I had a little sob fest over your pictures : ) It's a fabulous city, don't you think? I need a trip back. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looking forward to seeing London through your eyes. Sounds like a wonderful trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can just imagine the kids wearing their uniforms and how cute they were.
    I love this question and reading everyone's answer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed the last 2 days and I think I need more time off. Not into it today but have to get caught up. Definitely raw on the califlower. Great answer on #4, I think that is what I actually do when I'm down. I totally forgot about your London trip. Can't wait to hear about it. I hope you loved it, I can't wait to go back someday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you had a good time over here in England! I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures, it'd be interesting to see what else caught your eye :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome that you got to go to London!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had a great vacation!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! I love seeing trip pictures ... especially of Europe since I'm pretty sure I'll never get there. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. So I'm reading the posts backwards...now I see where you posted about jumping over the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome home!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts