Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea

~"Fragmented" is a good way to describe how I feel right now.  It's the end of the school year and I won't be at one of my schools next year.

~  Bus duty today...and Monday, then that's IT!  I'm leaving this school with a bang!

~  I'm trying not to think about leaving one of my schools...I told the bookkeeper that we weren't going to talk about it:  if we don't talk about it, it's not going to happen!

~  I did get a bit freaked out on Wed. when another SLP came to my school for a meeting.  She looked at all of my materials and told me I'd better get packing.  She kept commenting on how much stuff I had.  Thanks, speech bestie.  You've just added more stress to the end of the year!

~  Did I mention we have NO MORE Thursdays and Fridays left???  Our last day is Wed., and it's a half-day, so you know what that means:  Hardly any of the kids will show up.  Today is my last day of speech therapy, and 2nd-4th grade is having field day.

~  Laika is an extremely hard headed little girl.  Training her is definitely going to be a challenge; it's a good thing I've got the summer to do it!  We can't have a big dog that won't listen.  She sure is cute, though!

~  Have a wonderful weekend!

">

11 comments:

  1. Good luck on training Laika--I'm sure she can learn. Most dogs want to please.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When one door closes another of excitement and growth can open. It is sad leaving places you like though but try to think of the excitement of your next step.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you're mourning leaving that school. I'm sorry. I hope you'll be happy at your new school.

    I'm very jealous at how close you are to being out! We still have a few more weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! The end is in sight!!!

    Yes, take it from one who had a big dog who wouldn't always listen - you will definitely want to train her properly. ;-) Give that sweet girl an ear rub from me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so jealous....we have school til the 25th. I am dying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray for you. So glad school is going to be over in 2 1/2 days!
    Enjoy your summer and Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The school where I used to teach was small and ended up closing its door's for good. It was very painful to leave my classroom, my students, and my co-workers.

    That was almost 2 years ago now, and I still have nightmares from time to time where I'm packing up and leaving my "family."

    Hope your moving on is less painful - - -

    But I truly "get" how difficult it is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck with the training. I have always had such a hard time with that myself.

    I am so sorry you have to leave a school. I hope it is bittersweet, with emphasis on the sweet ending.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so looking forward to summer!!! Unless we move, lol! Ugh! So much up in the air right now!!!

    You have the summer to re-charge and prepare for next year. You'll be great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with the pup!

    Thanks for your kind thoughts and prayers for all of us. They have meant a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best of luck with training Laika. Big dogs are the best, they're so beautiful. I agree with your first comment; given the love and attention they need, dogs want to make their people happy.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts