Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. What is a pet peeve you have when vacationing?
People who just stand around, chatting with the front desk people when we're trying to check in.  That's the best I've got.

2. Would you describe yourself as a light packer or do you need everything in your closet plus the kitchen sink?
CH would say I'm not a light packer, but I'm learning.  When we went to London in October, he fussed at me because I took a pair of pants/day.  I just have a problem with wearing pants more than 1 day.  Other than that, I'm definitely a light packer.

3. What's the best lesson a child ever taught you?
Be patient, especially with children.  Children are fragile, and they remember how they're treated.  Also, they are children and shouldn't be exposed to grown-up drama, although many are.

4. Share one piece of advice you'd give a recent graduate as they attempt to enter the job market?
Start looking early and don't lose sight of your dreams.

5. What's your favorite lemon something?
Lemon cake.  Duuuuh!

6. Flat sandal, wedge, heel...your favorite footwear?
Definitely flat sandal.  I don't do heels or wedges.

7. What do you like best about a beach holiday? If you're not a beach lover (GASP!!) what do you dislike the least?
Sitting under an umbrella on the beach, listening to the waves and the seagulls. *sigh*

8. Insert your own random thought here.
I had a post written for yesterday, but I guess I never hit "publish".  I thought I had, but apparently not because it's not showing up!  Oh well, I guess I have a post written for tomorrow! 
This is our last full week of school; then it will be a matter of packing up my stuff at one of my schools and trying to finagle one of the boys to do the lifting for me.  I have a whole classroom at the school I'm moving from, so most of my materials is housed there.  Monday I get to go to my new school and see how much room I'm going to have there.  Exciting times! 

8 comments:

  1. Ah, #7 ... I LOVE that, too! I'm back home now, but there's a piece of my heart still under an umbrella on the beach, listening to the waves crashing on the shore.

    I'll get caught up by the end of the week ... missed checking in with you while we were gone. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with your packing when it comes to pants. I think my trip to Europe taught me a lot about packing. We are going to a wedding in September and I may wear some fancy Birkenstock. Yes, that is a perfect beach day. Your goal for summer break is almost here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I well remember those last weeks of school. We always said that once Easter was over, we might as well forget anything new in the way of learning! However, a bit of creativity usually helped!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Change is always challenging. Hope your move to your new school is good. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good answers on #3 and #4. Also love your beach answer! So much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always love all of your answers, Mary! you're so spunky! :-) Oh, but I know what you mean about people hangin' around the check-in desk! (Can we move it, people?) :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sitting under an umbrella and listening to the waves and seagulls....ah....if only! Have a happy Friday! I'm playing catch up tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm jealous. Your summer is starting before mine. How about coming to a REAL beach and helping me out for the last three weeks of school? LOL

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts