Freedom

I only took 2 pictures over the weekend, so it didn't seem right to participate in "The Weekend Wrap-up" today.  We had a pretty low-key weekend. (I hope some of you will visit Stephani and participate.  She just started this meme, so it's just getting off the ground.)

So, I wanted to share with you this video that was brought to my attention yesterday.  This isn't a "Catholic" thing, it's an "American" thing.  Our freedoms that many young women and men have died for are at stake.

One part of the video did bother me, and I feel like I need to explain.  The part of the video that brings "marriage" into it:  as you know, I have a gay brother who has a lifelong partner.  Sometimes my brother reads my blog, and knowing his feelings on this made me a little uncomfortable knowing that he may watch this and his blood pressure may go sky-high.  I have my opinion, and I'm sure you have one.  It may be the same as mine, or it may be different.  I don't want to get into it...I'm not a confrontational person at all, so we'll just leave it at that.  (Please don't leave comments voicing your opinion!)  I just felt that I needed to voice my lack of comfort in that part of the video, knowing my brother may see it.

As I was wondering about a post for today, the video was in my e-mail.  I thought, "Okay, Lord, I hear you!"  Today was the first time in a long time that I attended Mass, and the priest's homily was about this very thing.  In fact, I almost went to a different church, but decided against it Sunday morning.  Catholic Churches in the USA are participating in "Fortnight to Freedom".  You can learn more about it here.  It doesn't matter if you are a Democrat, Republican, or Independent; there are no party-lines when it comes to our freedoms being at risk, because it will affect ALL of us. 

Coincidence that this happened today?  I think not. 


4 comments:

  1. I'm waiting with an anxious stomach to see what the Supreme Court ruling is if there is one today.

    You are spot on when it comes to religious rights being completely under attack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing this. There is a lot at stake in the upcoming elections ... federal, state and local.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I'm so sorry to be so late in commentig on this. I haven't blogged all week, my last post was a week ago last Sunday and I've just been trying to keep my head above water! This is an awesome video. I think it is so true not just for catholics but all denominations of the Christian faith. Thanks for sharing this. I hope you've had a good week! I'll keep browsing the rest of last weeks post, but it may take a little while!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts