1. Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking.
I mentioned the other day that we didn't have a fireplace in the house where I grew up, so we put our stockings on our bedposts. Our stocking loot consisted of a tangerine, nuts, and candy.
Our boys always have a pair of wool socks, chapstick, candy, and little odds & ends in their stockings. They are the first thing they get into on Christmas morning. Oh! And I always get a "chick-flick" in mine...and it's amazing that Santa always knows just which one to get me!
2. How many hours of sleep do you average at night? Is it enough?
I probably average around 8 hours. I think it's enough most of the time, but lately, with all of the sickness going around, it seems like maybe it's not.
3. If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year what would it be?
Gee, I have no idea. I'm pretty much given up sugar, I don't really drink, don't smoke, don't (hardly) curse, so I have no idea.
4. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (or Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby. Do you follow news of the Royals?
If I hear it, I follow them. I don't seek it out, though.
5. For me, the sound of childhood is__________________.
Kids laughing and playing in their yards during the summer.
6. Fruit cake-yay or boo? What's your favorite dessert made with fruit?
Boo. I think my mom used to make a mean fruit cake...heavy on the bourbon. Favorite dessert with fruit: just give me straight up fruit.
7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?
I realized that I'm 3 books away from completing the Reading Challenge. I'd like to think I can accomplish it, but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it. I thought 20 books in one year was doable. Where has the time gone?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
All of the decorations are up. YS put the tree up, and CH put the lights on for me, so that was most of the frustration. Everything that I usually put up is in place. I bought some pre-lit garland for outside, but I have to figure out how I'm going to put it up. And then there's the small issue of not having any outside outlets. I still think it's weird that we don't have any, but I guess 50 years ago it wasn't important to have them.