Last Weekend Wrap-up for 2012

I wasn't going to write a post today, but, I'm sitting here all alone, the house is quiet (for now), it's raining, the Christmas Lights are on, "The Family Stone" is playing, and the baking is done.  So, here we go!

I spent most of the day Friday and Saturday baking and making candy.  I got everything done except for Texas Millionaires and the Eggnog Rum Cake, so I did that on Sunday.  I was very, very pleased with the Mosaic Cookies:

I wish I had made more star cookies, but I chickened out because I wasn't sure if they were really going to turn out.  Definitely a recipe I'll save and use next year...with more cut-outs!
This is what my kitchen looked like for most of the weekend:
Yep, one big mess.  I ran across a recipe for Crinkle Cookies that uses cake mix, so I decided to use a spice mix.  They turned out so nice and fluffy:
Saturday, CH surprised me with a Christmas present:  a new droid phone!  Hooray!!!  I am loving it!

OS came home last night, with 4 kayaks in tow.  He put a picture on Instagram, but I didn't think to have him send it to me.  Trust me...he had 4 of them on the top of his car.  One of the benefits to where he works!  I think someone else was glad he was home:

I couldn't figure out what the white spot on his knees were, until I realized it was Laika's tail!

We had a couple that we met through camping over last night, along with their 3 kids.  CH made apple cobbler in the dutch oven, and they brought over ice cream.  The kids were pretty much glued to the tv...thank you the Family Channel!  The kids are very well behaved, and the daughter absolutely loves dogs, so she stayed occupied!

I'm looking forward to a low-key Christmas Eve.  The pork roast will go in the oven this evening, and I'll get the Eggnog Breakfast Casserole in the refrigerator for tomorrow morning.  Other than that, pretty low-key.

I will be taking a break until around Jan. 4th (Or the 7th.  Or somewhere in between.) to savor this time with the whole family + a girlfriend.
Have a safe, happy holiday season!

7 comments:

  1. Your cookies all look delicious! What is a Texas Millionaire? I have no idea, but it sure sounds good....very rich, I bet. Will you be sharing the recipe? Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your break :)

    Those cookies looks amazing... love the icing pulled through on the star! :)

    That tail must have been moving 100 mph!!!

    Merry Christmas to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a given that the kitchen will be a mess when baking cookies. Imagine that and a non-working dishwasher! DD's dishwasher went kaput the day we baked cookies ... I washed up all her dishes (by hand), so at least when I left, she had clean dishes. ;-)

    Enjoy your time with your family ... see you next year, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You cookies are so cute, they came out perfect. So many yummy things.
    Sounds like a nice time with your camping friends. Hope your Christmas was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cookies look yummo. Sounds like a wonderful holiday weekend. Happy New Year to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No need to make cookies, I've eaten more than my fair share.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Martha Stewart called and wants to know how the heck you got those cookies to look so perfect!
    I hope your Christmas and new years was wonderful.
    Happy 2013!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts