Wednesday Hodgepodge


1.  So, when did you last take a walk in the woods? A stroll along the beach? A drive going nowhere in particular in the car? 
Last walk in the woods was on one of our camping trips.

2.  Are you sending Christmas cards this year?  About how many do you send?  Photo card or something more traditional?  How do you display the cards you receive?
I quit sending Christmas cards a long time ago.  When I get cards, I hang them onto the door frame to the living room.

3. What's a word you've heard too much of in the past week?
Flu.  Or Strep.  Or stomach bug.  (oops, that's 2.)

4. December 13th is National Cocoa Day-are you a fan?  Plain or flavored?  Marshmallows or no marshmallows?
That's good to know...I'll have to make sure I have some!  We've started making hot cocoa using steamed milk from my espresso machine.  Pure heaven...no marshmallows needed.

5. What is something you do to help alleviate the hectic pace of the Christmas season?
Hectic?  Is it hectic?  Gee, I wouldn't know since I haven't even gotten started yet.  

6. Besides jewelry, what's a favorite sparkly-glittery item in your home or closet?
I don't know of anything glittery or sparkly item in my house.  I'm just not a glittery or sparkly kind of person.

7. Share a favorite line or two from any Christmas carol.
Have yourself a Merry Little Christmas
Let your heart be light
From now on our troubles will be out of sight.

Edited @ 7:36 a.m.:  On my way into work, it hit me that it's supposed to be a couple of lines from a CAROL, not just a song!
Joy to the World! The Lord is come.
Let  earth receive her King.
Let every heart prepare Him room!
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven and nature sing,
And Heaven and Heaven and nature sing!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Since we're all in the Christmas spirit, I saw this commercial for the first time over Thanksgiving weekend.  I think it perfectly captures the anticipation, excitement, and wonderment of Christmas!

15 comments:

  1. hey hey I read your about you and we are alot alike :) If you ever want to meet somewhere I will buy coffee or tea

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the ad : ) I'm hoping my household can stay well thru the holidays. There is so much out there right now and my youngest is in the schools so exposed to it all. Especially that miserable stomach thing-ugh! Definitely don't want that one.

    Good luck with your preparations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoyed reading your answers. I too don't send Christmas cards out any more. A waste of money, a time consuming chore [and more excuses I could come up with - LOL]

    Thanks for the youtube addition. I don't have TV any more so this was new to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My husband thinks that is the cutest commercial and he never watches them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that commercial! So cute ... and perfectly exemplifies the anticipation of Christmas!

    I'm not a glittery or sparkly kind of gal either, but thankfully I found something that has a bit of sparkly on it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog looks so pretty and Christmasy!

    I agree with you on #5--I haven't gotten very much done at all yet. Panic should set in soon. : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. My hubby gets his biggest laughs from commercials. Have you ever cried watching a commercial? I have.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hand's down, one of my favorite commercial on air right now! Really shows the magic of Christmas! Good luck with getting everything done! Just try to remain calm and don't stress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't send Christmas cards either. It may sound kind of bah humbug, but I began to notice that many people would only send a card after they had received one from me. It kind of began to seem like a big game that was taking the true meaning of Christmas out of it. If someone is that dear to me that I want to express it in a special way at Christmas I will hand make or bake something and deliver it to them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Look at you with the details...

    I picked a song too.. not a carol. now I'm curious - what makes it different?!?!? mmm...

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's true, you heard a lot of that at school for #2 haven't you? You hot cocoa sounds delicious. So your hectic will be in full gear soon!!!! Love that song. Joy to the world is great too. I love so many of them, it's hard to pick one. The commercial is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I haven't done one single bit of Christmas shopping. I can't seem to focus on it until school breaks- which is not until NEXT Thursday! Good grief. Cute commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Flu and stomach bug--definitely not words that I like to hear!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you're feeling better.

    I don't send cards anymore either. Every year when I start getting some I feel like a deadbeat, but it's just not me. Now that more and more people are letting go of it, I don't feel as guilty. :)

    Words I'm tired of? Lice. Julianna. Stupid teacher that has classroom hats for different jobs. Yuck.

    Hope you get to do some fun, hectic, Christmas things soon.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts