1. Picture postcards were first printed back in the mid-1800's and deltiology is the official name for postcard collecting. When did you last send a postcard? Receive one? Do you save postcards sent to you? Do you collect and/or send postcards when you travel?
The last time I sent a postcard was to my friend Patty's kids. They were asking for postcards from around the country for a class project. In return, they sent me a few from Tx.!
2. What treat do you most like to indulge in while on vacation?
I really like to indulge in whatever the area's specialties are.
3. Are you good at hiding your feelings?
Absolutely not. I wear my heart on my sleeve.
4. Does your town/city/county still deliver telephone books to your home? Do you check the yellow pages when searching for a local business number or has the internet replaced the phone book in your home?
Yes, they do. Sometimes I'll check the book, other times I check the internet.
5. Would you rather be first or last?
Last so I know what's going on!
6. July is National Park and Recreation Month (in America, but everyone can still play along)...where and when were you last in a park? Did you participate in any recreational activities while you were there?
It depends on what kind of park you're talking about. National Park: Great Smoky Mountains. It's in my backyard, but I don't think I've visited since last fall when we went camping.
State: CH & I camped in a State Park over last weekend, and we're going to a different park this weekend. The one we're going to this weekend is close to the college YS will be going to, and he has orientation at the beginning of the week. So, we're killing 2 birds with 1 stone!
I was in the Small Town's park this morning with Pepper. I decided (now that my summer break is just about over) that it would be a good idea to get my butt out of bed and take her for a walk.
7. What was one of your worst ideas?
Geez, I have NO idea. I would say maybe stenciling ivy on my cabinets in our SC house. By the time we moved, I wanted them OFF. Wonder if the new owners got rid of it?
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Just like I told Debby, I'm really trying not to drag out the recap of my trip, but there's so much to share! I'm already on Post #8, and I've got a few more posts to write. I've been putting off doing one post in particular, because I want to make sure I do the topic justice.
Labels: Wednesday Hodgepodge