Breaking into the Hodgepodge
I'm on Fall Break this week, so...YAY ME!
1. The USA will mark Columbus Day this year on Monday, October 14th. What's something you need or want to explore (literally or metaphorically speaking)?
After seeing Candace's pictures on instagram, I feel the need to explore New England in the fall! Her pictures look like postcards...so gorgeous!
2. The Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz, Ursula from The Little Mermaid, or Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty...who do you most love to hate?
The Wicked Witch of the West; especially after reading "Wicked".
3. Is open-mindedness a virtue?
I wouldn't say it's a virtue.
4. How often do you weigh yourself?
If I'm actively trying to lose weight, I may weigh every day. BUT, when I know I'm gaining it back, I tend to stay off of the scales!
5. This question comes to you courtesy of Rebecca over at Making Memories, so thanks Rebecca!
Costa Rica was recently named the happiest country in the world on the Happy Planet Index. What's the happiest country in the world to you, and what makes it so?
Keep in mind that I haven't been to too many countries...I'd say Denmark. Especially after being in Eastern Germany for close to 2 weeks over the summer. The Danes are so happy...and polite! Plus, it's a beautiful country. And Copenhagen....how I LOVE CPH! :)
6. Besides The Bible, what is one book you think should be mandatory reading for high school students? Why?
Hummm...a history book? I think kids have gotten away from learning the history of our country.
7. I went shopping at some nearby outlets last week, and while I was there, I picked up a couple of Christmas gifts. How about you? Have you started your holiday shopping yet?
I got a couple of gifts on my Germany trip over the summer. Other than that, I haven't even started to think about it!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Having started a professional blog, I'm amazed at the differences between the bloggers on here and the bloggers in the professional world. For example:
~ I think it's common courtesy to comment after you read a post. Not so in the SLP blogging world! There are very few comments out there on the actual blogs. There are comments on the FB post that mentions the blog, but not on the blog itself. I'm wondering if it makes me look like a stalker because I do comment when I read a post.
~ Comment Verification: Everybody in the SLP blogging world has them, and it's driving me crazy!
~ Followers: Hardly anybody follows the blogs on the actual blog. They'll follow through FB, or Bloglovin', but not the actual blog.
Labels: Wednesday Hodgepodge