Laboring over the Hodgepodge


1. As August draws to a close, share what's been your favorite weekend of the entire summer?
The 4th of July weekend.  We spent it in Huntsville with my in-laws, and  CH's uncle & lady friend from Denmark.  

(My MIL & her sweet brother!)
2. Labor Day is marked in the US of A on Monday, September 1st.  What paying job have you held that you've loved the most? Liked the least?
The one I have now.  The least:  Being the Assistant Manager for N. Ga. when I worked for a company that contracted with nursing homes.

3. Does the new school year start before or after Labor Day where you live? When do you think it should begin? There is much discussion now about older students having later start times to their school day...your thoughts?
Geez, we're already a month into school!  Only 5 more weeks until Fall Break!
I don't know that having a later start time would matter...the kids would just stay up later.
4. What's something you've worked at recently that could be deemed a 'labor of love'?
I have no answer for this one!

5.Which of the following work idioms can you most relate to right now...'A woman's work is never done.', 'All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.' 'Many hands make light work.'
A woman's work is never done.  Doesn't it always seem like there's something that needs to be done?

6. Crab or lobster or thanks, but no thanks? Favorite way to have your choice prepared?
I don't think I've ever had crab.  I've had lobster once & loved it.  I have no idea how it was prepared.

7. Albert Einstein is quoted as saying, 'Three rules of work: Out of clutter find simplicity; From discord find harmony; In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.' Which of the three do you consider to be the most important? Share one of your own 'rules of work'.
From discord find harmony.  If you can find harmony, everything will fall into place.
Love what you do; if you don't love it, move on.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I'm in the middle of Kindergarten Speech/Language Screenings this week...always a fun time!  The kids are keeping us laughing, which means it's not time for me to retire yet!

14 comments:

  1. I love your answer to #8; that is neat the kids still make you laugh :)

    Wow, fall break in only 5 weeks! Something to look forward to!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well you need a trip to the Chesapeake in summertime so you can experience a crrab feast! Hope you have a great year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kindergarten screening has got to be a blast. Kids that age say the funniest things!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your random thought.

    Did your county start school in July?

    Sounds like you're having a fun week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that the kindergarteners still make you laugh! I absolutely adore that age... Definitely not time to retire if you are laughing still! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kindergarteners are hilarious! :) I like working with little kids and helping with schoolwork etc. A lot of things they've said made me bent over laughing. I was helping my niece with her 6th grade history homework and she said anthropology is someone who works in anthropologie (a clothing & pottery store, i am not sure if they're all over the USA)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I remember the kindergarten speech/hearing screenings...oh, the things those kids would say!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love when a teacher really loves teaching. It makes all the difference for the students.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad your screenings are going well! I still like it when school starts after Labor Day, to me that is the true end of summer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are still laughing... keep going! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's so great having a job that brings you joy!! Loved your Hodgepodge!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved teaching kindergarten. The kids are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved your number 4. I had trouble with this one too. I have not been laboring with love lately.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts