A Beautiful Thankful Hodgepodge
1. Besides U.S. Thanksgiving, it's also National Game and Puzzle Week...what game have you played most recently, and who were you with? Have you worked a puzzle of any kind in the past week?
Being a Speech Pathologist, I play games quite often! This week, we played a little game that the kids really enjoy. There are "pieces of pie" that are placed in 4 groups. The kids decide what kind of pie they want (there are 6 choices), and then they take turns (after saying words with their sound) picking a piece of pie to see who will finish their pie first. It gets the kids up and moving.
No puzzles this week...every now and then I'll do one with some of my students, though.
2. What is one place you were thankful for this year?
The Keys. I don't think I need to say anything else about that!
3. Take a nap, watch football, go for an after dinner walk, or hit the stores...whichONE is on your must-do list for Thanksgiving day? For those of you playing along who aren't in the US, answer as it relates to any big holiday meal.
Go for an after dinner walk.
4. Besides Thanksgiving, what's your favorite home cooked meal?
My mom's lasagna.
5. What product from an infomercial would you most like to own?
One of those laser hair removal systems. Seriously. One of the downsides of menopause!
6. Christmas shopping? Have you begun? Finished? Will you shop on Black Friday? How do you feel about stores opening on Thanksgiving Day? What percentage of your Christmas shopping is done online?
A few weeks ago, I mentioned that I bought a present for my SIL. That's still the only present I've bought so far! I hate that the stores are open on Thanksgiving. You won't catch me at one that day...or the next morning. I might go out in the afternoon after the crowds have thinned out. I don't do a lot of shopping online...mainly because I wait until the last minute!
7. What are you most grateful for that adds beauty to your everyday life?
Views like this:
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving Holiday! If you're not in the U.S.A., have a wonderful weekend!