Friday Fragments

Friday Fragments 125
Traci at A Star in My Own Universe is the new hostess for Friday Frags. Short, to the point frags...just little remnants that aren't enough for a whole post.

~ Yesterday was a very strange day. It started out at 3:00 a.m. I had set a reminder to call my daddy, but forgot to specify p.m. I'm pretty sure that was what woke me up; then I couldn't go back to sleep. I finally got up around 4:00 and turned on the news to find out this had happened:
Aerial view of the train derailment in Blount County
(Picture courtesy of WBIR.com)
(If you're really curious and want to read the story, click on the picture.)
If the train had derailed just a fraction of a mile before it did, we would have been evacuated. 5000 people were, though; I think one of my sisters may have been one of them, although the barricades to her neighborhood were lifted around 2:00 in the afternoon. The people who lived right in the area of the derailment/fire didn't go home last night. CSX rented out a hotel for those who didn't have anywhere to go; they also are reimbursing them for a change of clothes, toiletry items, and food.
Then, it rained. Hard. For hours. It turned out to be a beautiful day by mid-afternoon. Very strange indeed.

I got my laptop back last night. They cleaned it up, got rid of some viruses & malware that either may have been on before I started using Norton...or Norton didn't catch. They also streamed video for 18 straight hours and it didn't shut down.
The price was right. When he gave me the laptop, I signed the papers & he said I was good to go. I told him I needed to pay, but apparently someone didn't put in any charges. He said that since we had already signed the papers he was going with what was on there. I didn't argue!

~ My last photography class was Wednesday. We didn't get to look over the pictures from the week before due to some issues with the computer. 

~ Thanks to Auburn Chick, I am now hooked on The Paradise. I'm bummed that there are only 2 seasons. I tried watching Mr. Selfridge when it was on PBS, but just couldn't get into it.

~ I'm taking next week off. I do have one post that I will schedule for one day, but that's it. Hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July!


6 comments:

  1. Always hard when something rings in the middle of the night to go back to sleep whether it be an alarm or a phone, etc. For some reason Verizon always likes to let us know we are reaching our maximum data usage by text messages at 2 a.m. LOL :)

    Happy Fourth to you!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. That train wreck was a bit scary. Glad you didn't have to be evacuated. I have the week off, too! Wishing you a happy 4th of July!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So thankful that you didn't have to evacuate. Enjoy your week off next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So you didn't have to pay to have your computer fixed???? Lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a terrible disaster ! Poor people ! It's nice to get the computer fixed for free !

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts