Ho-Ho-Hodgepodge


I'm going to do my best to get back in the swing of this poor neglected blog, and the Hodgepodge is the best way to do that! Thankfully, Joyce never seems to get in a rut & always comes through with some questions every Wednesday!

1.  Many families have a story they love to tell every year around a holiday. Does your family have one? Are you the star of that story, or does another family member take center stage? Share your story if you want.
Oh, gosh! How do I pick???  The first one that came to mind was Thanksgiving one year. Mama was in the hospital (I think it was when she broke her hip) and we the older siblings & my SIL were 

running around trying to get everything done. We were in the middle of saying grace when my SIL 
got the rolls out of the oven. And about half of them fell off the pan & a certain expletive was said loudly.  So, thankfully, I wasn't the star of that one!

2. Are you afraid to speak your own opinion?
Absolutely not. I guess that's one advantage to being older...and opinionated!


3. Pantone has announced the color of the year for 2016, and for the first time have chosen two shades-rose quartz and serenity. Hmmm...did you know serenity was a color? You can read the thought behind their selection here, but essentially it's blending the warmth of rose quartz with the tranquility of a very soft shade of blue. So what do you think? Are these colors I'd find in your home or wardrobe? Will you add something in these shades to either place in the new year?
Pretty. Colors aren't that important to me, so I'm not going to go out and buy something just to have 

the color.

4. If you could be in a Christmas carol, which one would you choose? Why?
This question is too hard. I say, "next".


5. December 9th is National Pastry Day. Will you celebrate? When did you last purchase something from a bakery? What's your favorite treat that falls under the heading of pastry? Do you make it yourself or buy from the professionals?
Oh, how I love pastries! But, oh, how they're on the "no-no list" right now! Kolaches have to be my very favorite. The last time I had one was when I was in Tx. a few weeks ago. The 2nd thing we did after she picked me up from the airport was to go by the bakery & get one. PURE.HEAVEN. Just like my great-aunt used to make!


6. When it comes to holiday decorating_____________________________.
I do okay. I try to make the house festive...not that anyone really notices. I do, though, and that's what counts...right???


7. When did you last laugh so much it hurt? Explain.
I have no idea. I laugh quite a bit, so I think I'm in "laughing shape"! 


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

I'm all into The Voice, especially there are a couple of contestants from the area.  I'm heartbroken that Madi wasn't instantly saved. What an amazing, unique voice she has! I suspect we'll hear from her, though. She's way too talented to just lie down and give up. And, the guy who was saved? Really??? Can you say, "Have trouble staying on pitch?"  Oh well...it's just my opinion (see #2!)!!!

11 comments:

  1. I can't seem to get into watching "The Voice". I think I'm still mad at Blake for what happened between him and Miranda...and now he's with Gwen. UGH!;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is lots of "buzz" about The Voice this year. I've never watched it but am not a little intrigued by all the controversy. I did watch a video of Jordan (forget last name). He is very good. I enjoyed your Hodgepodge! I answered #2 just like you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ricky always asks why I put so much decorations in our home at Christmas when basically no one comes over - it does still count because I enjoy it :)

    Yep - the good thing about aging, those opinions are easy to share :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved your holiday story. So funny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Christmas story is just too funny. I can just imagine that happening.

    I enjoyed all your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My family doesn't pay much attention to my decorating. But they certainly notice if I don't decorate! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on the decorating front. I certainly don't go overboard but I have to have some.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kolaches are a favorite here too. Our local bakery makes good ones. I think they're a big thing here in Wisconsin. I try to stay away from them, but if someone brings them into the house, they're a huge temptation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm not afraid to voice my opinion either. I am not watching the Voice this year. It keeps me up too late. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can just imagine your story about the rolls! Glad it's not just my family who does this. I will now have to stop by West, Tx so I can get a kolache...thanks! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't want to be injured but I would love to see my family try to pull off a Thanksgiving dinner! Kolaches are awesome. Cream cheese or poppy seed are my favorites. Are you talking old fashion ones because in Texas they have something called that but are way different. I like The Voice too.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts