1. Let's talk holiday decorating. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall? (1=Scrooge and 10= Clark Griswold). What's your favorite corner-room-table-space to decorate? Is it done?
I'm probably about a 5. My living room bears the brunt of the decorating; I've never gotten into decorating the rest of the house. I haven't even started yet. I used to have to wait until after football season, which ended the first weekend of December. I'm sure I'll get around to it at some point. My decorations stay up until Epiphany, but I found out that they can stay up until the Baptism of Jesus...so, YAY! The tree can stay up a few more days than it usually does!
2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it's special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it's Christmas!
I have one that I put on the front hallway table; it's not really special, just one that I picked up at Belk after Christmas.
3. Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so are you glad? If not do you wish you did?
We don't live in a subdivision, but we did in SC...and Ga. We have great neighbors, but we definitely don't socialize with them like we did in our other houses.
4. As the saying goes, 'there's no time like the present'. How does that ring true in your life right now?
It doesn't. I'm just trying to get through the next week and a half (until Christmas Break!)
5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not?
Not really. It's just another day.6. Poinsettia, Christmas Cactus, Amaryllis-which on the list is your favorite holiday plant? Are any of these on display in your home right now?
I love Christmas Cacti; they remind me of my mom. I received one last year from a student, and it started blooming.
Something must be going right, because, even though my hibiscus looks like it's not doing well, it's blooming...something it didn't do this summer when I repotted it.
7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie.You're supposed to be the leading lady in your own life, for God's sake! (Iris Simpkins....The Holiday)
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I made my first batch of Texas Millionaires on Sunday to give away as a gift. I don't know how much baking I'll actually do this year...it seems every year I tone it down a bit. Hopefully I'll get more in the spirit by the time break rolls around. It just doesn't seem like the holidays...too much going on in this part of the country!
(Donations can be made by clicking on the picture)