Something's Fishy with the Hodgepodge


1. Have you ever been fishing? Did you catch a fish? If so did you keep it or throw it back? If you haven't been fishing is that something you'd like to try?
I'm sure I've been fishing more than once, but the last time I remember fishing was at my Uncle Ed's house in NC...I caught an eel. So, yeah, I'm not much of a fisherman.


Fish out of water, big fish in a small pond, living in a fishbowl, packed in like sardines, this is a fine kettle of fish, plenty of fish in the sea, fish or cut bait...which fishy phrase most recently applies to some area of your life?
Right now, I'm feeling a bit like a fish out of water. There are some parts of the day when I just feel like I'm floundering. I know it will get easier with time.


2. What's something you're always fishing for in your purse, wallet, desk, or kitchen junk drawer?
My keys.


3. Your favorite fish tale or movie?
The Little Mermaid.


4. Are you sunrise, daylight, twilight or night? Explain why you chose your answer.
Sunrise. I love to get up early in the morning before anyone else is up and have time to myself. That's when I write, read, and pray.


5. What's the oldest piece of clothing you own and still wear?
My SC speech shirt.


6. We've got one more month of (officially) winter here in the Northern hemisphere. Are you feeling the need for a getaway? What's been the best and worst part of your winter so far?
With the warm weather, I'm definitely feeling a need to go camping, but it won't be this weekend. The best part of winter: camping in Panama City Beach. The worst, well, if you'll look back to the last few posts, you'll see what it is.


7.  The Wednesday Hodgepodge lands on National Margarita Day...will you be celebrating? Frozen or on the rocks? Are you a Jimmy Buffet fan? If so, what's your favorite JB tune?
Hmmmm...sounds like I may need to participate! I'm not picky about it being on the rocks or frozen. I love Jimmy Buffet!


8.  Insert your own random thought here.

It's been so crazy warm here...I noticed yesterday that the Bradford Pears are in bloom. The Jonquils are in full bloom, too. I just wonder if Mother Nature has a big surprise for us next month!

16 comments:

  1. Sorry to read about your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry about the loss of your father, Mary. I lost my dad in 2010 and there are so many days I wish I could spend with him. I am glad you have precious memories of your time with your father, and know it hurts that someone else will be living in that house. May you find comfort in the days ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the time in the morning too for my "own" time. Hubby leaves for work at 6:30 a.m. and I don't need to be at work until 9:30 a.m. Love that time alone :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your loss, as well. I'm sure you've heard this a lot but it's true... it just takes time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't imagine catching an eel! That would be scary! It sounds lovely there with the pears and jonquils in bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mary...I read about you losing your father and I'm so sorry. My parents have been gone (Dad in 2002 and Mom in 2010). They both lived into their 90's, Mom was almost 98 when she passed and we never stop missing them but the pain does lessen through time. I enjoyed your answers...and how cool that you caught an eel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry, Mary. I've been through that floundering time and it will get better. Right now, there's a sadness to the memories, an emptiness, but with time, joy will come. You'll look back on the times with your parents and smile. That's a beautiful picture of your parents in their Navy and nurse uniforms. You're in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really hope that winter is on the way out! We have had unseasonably mild weather here...temps in the 70's...for February! Bring on spring!!! Everything is in bloom around here, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, from one Jimmy Buffet fan to another :) I enjoyed reading your answers today.
    I also read your previous post. Oh, Mary. I know exactly what you are going through, with cleaning out your parents' house! It's SO hard. Every little trinket seems to bring up a memory, and, suddenly your house gets a lot fuller because it's so hard to part with this or that. I'll be praying for you and your siblings through this difficult time.
    Kathy (Reflections)

    ReplyDelete
  10. March can often be cruel in terms of weather. I'm having a baby shower here and would love to hold it outside. You just never know with March though. I read your previous post too, about a new normal, and that's so true. Give yourself lots of grace as you navigate your way forward. Hugs to you today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am sure I wouldn't enjoy fishing if I had caught an eel. The Little Mermaid is a great answer. Seems so early for those things to be blooming. Sending ((HUGS)) your way.....

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love Bradford Pear trees. My dad had one in his yard on Lake Norman but it recently got some sort of disease and they had to take it down. Still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'd be jealous of your signs of spring, but I noticed just this morning that my neighbor's daffodils are popping up. They should bloom before too long....as long as the weather doesn't go full blast back to winter and bury them in snow.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, I am sorry about your loss. My dad is still living (he'll be 94 this summer) but is in a nursing home. I've begun the project of clearing out my parents' home so can relate.

    I enjoyed your Hodgepodge answers ... I'm a "sunrise" type too, for the same reasons.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope the rest of your year will be better than the first part. Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts