{Weekend Wrap-up} Last Weekend in February?

The last weekend in February. Wow; just...WOW. This has not been a good month at all. It can only get better, right? 
CH & I kicked off the weekend with a Mardi Gras celebration at church. The Knights of Columbus do a bang-up job with any celebration they hold. We sat with a couple we didn't know, and some friends of theirs joined us. We left early; CH was tired and I had to get up early on Saturday.
Saturday morning, I went to a nearby church for a Women's Conference. The sister who spoke was young, funny, and really brought the story of Martha & Mary to life.  We attended Mass before the conference began. The church is fairly new, being built in 2008. I loved that it was built in the style of old churches. Just beautiful!
We went to Mass Saturday evening, because we thought the mass intention was for my daddy. As it turns out, someone in the office made a mistake, because the mass was said for a man on the 30th anniversary of his death. Oh, well. It was a little awkward when we both were in the Narthex of the church, ready to take up the gifts. 
That left Sunday morning open. We lazed around, then went down to Daddy's house & moved a few things. I spent the rest of the afternoon moving some things around to get ready when some other pieces of furniture are ready to be moved. Here's a bookcase my father made in its new home:
OH! I almost forgot! We booked our campsite for next year. Looks like we'll be spending New Year's Eve in Panama City Beach again. This time, we'll be waterfront. It's not The Keys, but it's a lot closer & we don't have to go through Atlanta.
Ash Wednesday is this week. What are you doing to gear up for Lent?

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful bookshelf! Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Going through Atlanta is AWFUL! I haven't done it about 10 years but I swore I'd never do it again. There's nowhere I need to be that would make me do it. I've never given anything up for Lent because I've always thought it was a Catholic thing but then I realized it doesn't matter what your faith is, you can participate. :) So, I'm giving up clutter. Sounds odd but I saw it on FB and it sounds good. I'll post about it tomorrow but you commit to giving up one bag of clutter to charity or trash every day for the 40 days of Lent. I hope March is better by bringing me some winter weather!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts