It's a Beautiful Wednesday Hodgepodge

From this Side of the Pond

It's Wednesday, so it's time to link up with Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for another Hodgepodge.

1. 'Beauty is in the eye of the beholder'  What's something you've seen recently that you thought was beautiful?
The Minor Basilica of Sts. Peter & Paul, Chattanooga

2. Our culture and beauty...your thoughts?
I don't know that anything really needs to be said about this. 

3. Age before beauty, beauty queen, beauty mark, beauty sleep...which beauty-ful phrase resonates with you today? Why?
Beauty Sleep. It seems like I just don't get enough of it.

4. I read here a list of the top ten beasts animals that scare us the most-

alligators, coyotes, black bears, birds (but pigeons in particular), sharks, bats, bed bugs, rats, rattlesnakes, and the black widow spider. 

Which 'beast' on the list scares you the most? What is the liklihood of you having an actual encounter with that particular beast? Did a movie contribute to your fear of this creature? Have you ever had a real life encounter with any of the animals listed?
I'd have to say alligators. Not very likely in East Tn., thank goodness! I've seen coyotes, black bears, birds (duh!), sharks, bats, rats, and a black widow spider, but I've never had an actual "encounter" with them.

5. Where were you when you last heard a bell ring? Was it alarming or musical?
My notification on my phone sounds like a church bell...just one. I wouldn't call it alarming or musical...almost annoying, in fact! Time to look for a different one!

6. What's your favorite carb? How's that for random?
What's NOT my favorite carb? How's that for an answer? 😄

7. Let's wrap up another month of Hodgepodging and life with an acrostic. Recap your month using the word MARCH.
Memories while cleaning out my parents' house
Ash Wednesday kicked off Lent
Revisited old college stomping grounds
Chattanooga with my Cooper SIL
Happy it's over because that means I'm closer to summer break!

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
I love this time of the year. Even though the jonquils have already come & gone, tulips are busting out, and my neighbor's azaleas are just about to bloom. We're able to have the windows open, so we're enjoying it while we can. It won't be too long before we'll have to close them up and turn on the air conditioner. 
How is it where you are? 
This showed up in my driveway Tuesday evening, right on time! 
What could it be??? If you follow me on FB or IG, then you know, but don't spoil the surprise. 
Come back on Friday to find out what was delivered and why I'm so excited about it!

11 comments:

  1. The picture of the Basilica is beautiful! It looks like there is so much detail and thoughtfulness that went into the design. It sounds like you're well into Spring there with so many blooming flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh ... don't you just love when the UPS arrives? I have several packages that I'm eagerly awaiting. Mine probably aren't as interesting, but curriculum excites me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been quite warm this Little Summer here on the Texas Gulf Coast. A local thermometer even registered over 100 degrees back in February! Our air conditioner is always on. :)

    We had an alligator on the town square once when there was flooding in our area. I haven't noticed any in our backyard yet, though I won't be surprised if I ever do!

    What a beautiful church! I love the shape of the arch, so beautiful. :)

    Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this time of year but the pollen is killing me! Love your carb answer and I would echo it---every carb seems to be my favorite. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going with Daughter2 out to WA over her spring break. Excited to maybe finally get to see the Skagett Tulips that are supposed to be spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh! UPS, my favorite! :-)) That basilica is beautiful. I would love to see it in person. We have a beautiful basilica in Minneapolis - The Basilica of St. Mary. We visited there this winter. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you on alligators, they scare me to death! Our weather is very nice right now. The rain has stopped which is nice. Lots of flowers blooming. I was happy to get home after my 22 days in Florida. It wasn't really humid yet but for me I could still feel it. My hair was often wet with sweat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe alligators would scare me if I ever got close to one. But snakes? I don't even have to see them to be afraid of them. UGH! I'm with you on the carbs. I've never met one I didn't love! :) Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Alligators can be scary. Did you see the video of one ringing someone's doorbell? That gives one pause to wonder whatever happened to the Avon lady.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary, I enjoyed reading your answers! I agree with everyone that the Basilica is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Enjoyed reading your answers. Can't even imagine spring blossoms yet (other than at the grocery store or florist). It's snowing right now and we may get 8-12 inches if the forecasts hold true!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts