1. April is Lawn and Garden Month. On a scale of 1-10 what's the current state of your lawn and/or garden. (10=a showpiece, 1=send in the professionals). Tell us about any lawn or garden plans you have for this month.
Definitely a 2. Our next door neighbor has a yard service and his yard looks impeccable...which makes ours look worse!
I hope to get a young man in to weed the little area between the back sidewalk & house. My plan is to have him transplant some flowers from my parents' house.
2. "Many things grow in the garden that were never sown there."~Thomas Fuller What does this quote mean to you?
Weeds. That's about as deep as I can get right now.
3. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about God?
The mountains & sunrises. Seriously...how could you not believe in God when you see a sunrise over a mountain?
4. If we were chatting in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
By my hands. And probably my facial expressions.
5. Do you like the color yellow? Would I find any in your home or wardrobe? Daffodils, tulips, roses, sunflowers, day lily, black eyed susan...which yellow bloom on this list is your favorite?
Yellow is CH's favorite color. My kitchen walls are yellow; I like a bright kitchen!
Daffodils (Jonquils) are high on the list because they bloom first around here. It's a definite sign that spring is on the way.
6. Flip flops or bare feet?
Bare feet. (Southern girl)
7. Tell us about any Easter plans, celebrations, or traditions you'll carry out this month.
I haven't really thought about Easter, other than Holy Week. I'm planning on attending Mass on Holy Thursday and the service (it's not a Mass) on Good Friday. Saturday morning I have to be at the church early for a retreat for adults who will be entering into the Catholic Faith that night. Then, Saturday night I will be attending Mass for Easter Vigil. I'm sponsoring someone who is entering the Church. That leaves Easter Day open. I'm not sure what we'll do since it will probably just be the 2 of us.
When I was growing up, instead of hiding a bunch of eggs for an egg hunt, my parents would only hide 1: the Alleluia Egg. Whoever found it won a prize. When my boys were little, we continued the tradition with them.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I went by the house yesterday afternoon and my oldest brother was there. We went inside and started looking through this 1 cabinet and he found some dishes that 1 of my sisters said she wanted but we couldn't find. My mom used to play bridge, and every now & then she would host. I don't remember much about it; I just remember card tables being set up with tablecloths on them, and that there were fancy dishes. Mostly, I remember being shooed out of the room. How cool is this?
My brother just got out 3 of the dishes; there are 8 and they look brand new. The middle is a "Lazy Susan". Apparently, they aren't just for serving, either:
Isn't that fantastic?