So, I'm sitting here at the computer checking out my usual online morning stuff:  the newspaper, e-mails, Facebook, blogs, and I get a message from a friend:  "What are you doing up at 6:30 on a Sat..?"  Obviously this friend doesn't have dogs or has never had children.  The girls actually let me sleep in this morning.  Maybe they are learning about weekends.
Since I'm new to blogging, I'm still looking for funny, enlightening blogs to read to waste spend my time.  Boy, have I found some!  There sure are a lot of them out there.  Anyway, I'm sitting here, enthralled in a blog, and I realize that I have to make some brownies for Middle Son to take to a "Team Building Session" for his high school soccer team!  So, I throw the mix in my Pampered Chef  Classic Batter Bowl (I am a Pampered Chef Snob!), throw in a couple  of eggs, and go get the veggie oil.  Oh, crap!  There's only (what appears to be) 1/4 cup in the bottle.  Wonder if I can sub olive oil or corn oil for the other 1/4 cup?  And, why in the world do I have corn oil in the pantry?  I dig deeper in the pantry, and find, not 1, but 2 unopened bottles of vegetable oil!  Now I realize I'm becoming more like my mother every day.  (This isn't a bad thing, mom...in case you're reading!)  With the brownies in the oven, I'm ready to get back to reading.
Apparently the brownies are "ham".  No idea what that means, or if I even used it in the right way.  Middle son put it in my terms:  They're gnarly!  OH! I get it now!  He also told his coach he was bringing some brownies, and apparently coach was pleased.  My brownies are out of the box, and nothing special.  It's the Pampered Chef Stone, I'm telling ya!  Middle son (who will be my "Snuggle Bunny" forever), said it's the love I put in it.  What a sweetie, and yes, I'm quite the sucker.  
I found a blog (Thanks, Nel!)  that is celebrating a 1 year blogiversary, and the author is sponsoring a give-a-way!  Here's the link:

Nothing much going on this weekend...usual weekend stuff (laundry, cleaning, being a domestic diva...).   I do have to take time out to go to the funeral for the sister of one of my childhood friends.  It's not a good thing to have to go to a funeral, but it is a good thing to be home so I can be there to support friends.

On a lighter note, here's a pic of my girls enjoying the sun this morning:

2 comments:

  1. Don't you hate it when your kids have to explain what things mean. lol. I guess we did the same thing to our parents. Sounds like you are going to have a busy day. Praying for your friend!

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for mentioning my give-away!

    Tips: just keep plugging away. Participating in the meme's (like Random Dozen) and leaving comments on other blogs will bring readers. Just look around at other blogs, see what you like and follow suit.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts