Where's the snow?

The meteorologist sounded 'iffy' yesterday. I've learned by living here for 5 years (as an adult) to not pay a whole lot of attention to him when he talks about snow, especially if he uses the word "mountain" in with it. I got up, let the girls out: no snow on the ground. I looked over to the cars: there did appear to be something on the windshields. Looked up to the roof: Aaaahh! There it is! It did snow last night! Then, I get on the computer to check the school closings: we're not on the list, but the next county over (which is in the mountains) is. Okay, time to get my butt in gear and get ready for work. I really, really love my job, but an unexpected day off is heaven! Especially if the school system the boys are in have to go to school!
I have to include the view from one of my workplaces. This was taken last Tues. when there really was snow on the ground! I love the view from this window.



Last night middle son (who is a Senior) came to me at 8:00 and wanted to go meet friends. Uh, no, I don't think so...it's 8:00 and a school night. Could I give him a reason? I thought I just gave him 2. Then, I get the obligatory "I can't wait until I'm out of the house and I can do what I want". HA! I knew I would eventually hear that! He got over it pretty quickly, as he usually does.

P.S. I just wanted to thank everybody that read my post yesterday and left comments! I've visited the blogs, and will be reading on a regular basis. Thanks for welcoming me to the blogging community!

Another PS: I just looked outside, and, yes, it is snowing. Here's the proof:
Still have to go to school: are you serious? Guess it's too late to call it off! It's gonna be an exciting day!

1 comment:

  1. It's snowing hard here. We may get two feet. We got about 8 inches on Tuesday night. I can't tell how much was added last night but they say the real 'snow event' will be tomorrow. You'd think these weather people were NASA the way they talk.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts