Family Day

Disclaimer:  The following post is an opinion only.  It is not an endorsement.  No compensation was received for the opinions, not even 2 cents.  This post is not meant to advertise any of the establishments, it is only an opinion.

What a great Sunday!  Oldest son came home from college Saturday night for his Spring Break.  When I woke up Sunday morning, a load of my clothes had been folded and put in a basket.  Oldest son was my favorite today!  We spent the day in the mountains.  We started out with brunch.  I wanted to go here:
 
They start out with a julep consisting of apple, orange, and pineapple juice, then bring out a basket of warm apple fitters and little bitty apple muffins with apple butter.  But, as often happens when you have 3 hungry boys who just can't wait, we ended up here:
We still had a little bit of a wait, but it was worth it.  I had to post this to show the "yankees" that yes, we actually do drink from mason jars (and we like it!):
 
 When we my husband bought the tickets for go-carts, it was a little cold for me, so I didn't ride.  Middle son is now the record holder for our go-cart races, although his uncle is having something to say about that!  
                                                      

Just a little advice about this area:  This is recommended, especially if you have kids:
                                                   
This seemed like a good idea at the time:

                                                    

I'm anxious to see what this is going to be like when it opens:


We had a really good time walking around a town in the mountains and just enjoying being with each other.  It was so nice to sit around the dinner table with all of my boys.  All in all:  what an awesome day!

8 comments:

  1. You lost me at apple fritters. Yummmmm... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be in TN for Easter...rented a cabin in the Smoky Mtns. Can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both places sound great to me! So glad that you had such a great day with your guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary!
    So nice to meet you and so, so, sweet of you to comment on my blog and pray for me & my family. The love of a stranger....meant so much to me, so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally get what you're saying.
    One of my very favorite things is to have all my "chicks" under my roof. It doesn't happen very often but when it does it is WONDERFUL. What a great day you had! Love the big ol' Mason jars too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun day!!!
    I also love your son...anyone who folds laundry is aces in my book!!!!!
    Suz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary - I felt like I was looking into my future when I read this post...hub & 2 boys, PForge and all that implies. My boys are still a bit young for all the "fun" in PForge but your day will be one of mine soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful day. The Apple Barn--yum!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts