The Party's Over & Then Sings My Soul

The Ultimate Blog Party 2010 has ended.  I visited a lot of interesting blogs and have had a lot of visitors to mine.  Here are just a few of the favorites that I visited for the first time and are now following:
Julie the Army Wife
Girls to Grow
Blue Jeans & Cotton Tees (which led me to The Chocolate Lady)
The Green Greek
The Groschen Goblins
Messy Mommy
School Teacher by Day Superhero by Night
Home is Where My Story Begins
Mommy has to Work 

Last night my biggest brother's band played at a local grill.  They were outside, the weather was nice, and they sounded awesome.   His wife and youngest son and his wife were there, as were my other big brother and his wife.  I went with my football friend (FF); we had a good time.  Here's a picture of the band:  Faded Blues (excuse the quality...I have a really cheap camera that doesn't take the best pictures under light):
My brother is the one in the white t-shirt...pretty sexy legs, huh?  (LOL!)  He's a great guy, a terrific big brother, and has a great sense of humor.  My sister-in-law is quite the saint for putting up with him!  Before I took this picture, this is the picture that was taken:
FF & I just laughed about that!  I was taking a picture of the band with the "Night Scene" option.  The camera flashed, so I put it down, and then it flashed again!




It's time for another Then Sings My Soul Saturday hosted by Signs, Miracles, and Wonders.  I absolutely love this song by Stephen Curtis Chapman; I love the orchestra playing.  It's one of those songs that gets stuck in your head and puts a skip in your step. Hope you enjoy it!

9 comments:

  1. I had a great time at the UBP party as well and the song you shared is great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, loved the song. Have a great weekend and yes, it's wonderful when every day is the weekend. We've been retired over 10 years now and have loved every minute of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Steven Curtis Chapman! Good song.

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I not know about the UBP?
    Sounds like I missed visiting some fun blogs - maybe later.
    Love SCC!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a fan of Steven Curtis Chapman, too. And now I'm headed out to look at some of the blogs you shared!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I missed the party. :( I'll have to check out some of your new friends! Love Steven Curtis Chapman. DK sang 'I Will Be Here' to me at our wedding. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. H-Mama: That song makes me cry...it's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yay Mary you commented back on my wall this makes me excited haha... seriously, I don't usually hear from anyone.. and only have a few friends from my town on my blog.. so its great to hear from someone new as yourself.. I have 8 weeks left of work, myself and my co-worker are done on June 17 yahoo... for the summer, collect EI supposed to be looking for work but nah, my mom turns 80 in Aug. so planning on a little jaunt to the Okanagan for that.. at my sisters place on the river.. our girls and their families will of course be coming too.. should be fun.. do you watch The Apprentice its on here right now.. nothing else is on with two award shows on grrrr. have a great week at work.. I shall too...

    ReplyDelete
  9. SCC is one of my all time favorites! love him and his family!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts