Thank You Very Much: Band camp edition
Thursday is the day that KMama hosts a free therapy day. If you have something you need to get off of your chest, go visit her, link up, read some other people's rantings, and (hopefully) realize your irritations aren't so bad after all!
This week I have been a chaperone for YS' high school band camp. Away from home. Which means living in a dorm. And being in the heat (but at least I get to sit in the shade). So, yeah, I've got some things to say!
1. To the little cheerleaders who came in on Tues.: Thank you for swarming the cafeteria, creating long lines when our kids were hungry, hot, and thirsty.
2. To one little cheerleader who insisted on busting her way through the line: Your politeness is awesome. One little bitty "excuse me' would have been nice.
3. To another little cheerleader who "shared" the hamburger bun bag with me: Thanks a bunch. You proved to me that cuteness isn't everything. Again, one "excuse me", and I would've handed you the bag (since you were already past the buns).
4. To the other female chaperone: Thank you for babying our kids to the point that they know if they forget something you will run to WalMart to get what they need. Maybe I'm just mean, but kids learn by their mistakes, and if they forget to bring a pillow, they can roll up a shirt and use that.
5. Again to the other female chaperone: Thank you for talking to one of the female band members after the band director talked to her about a situation. You looked so very important spending time with her when she should've put on her big girl panties and gone back out onto the field. She was put on display to the point that during break she got more attention with a lot of members coming over to give her more attention. (In fairness to the chaperone: I don't know what happened...don't want to know, and am not sure that the director didn't ask her to talk to the girl. But, the conversation could've taken place under our canopy, not right in front of the band.)
6. To the dorm: I appreciate sleeping in damp bedding. What is it with the humidity in the rooms? We leave the air on and our room is wet when we come back. We turn the air off and our room is wet when we come back. Final solution: air on and windows cracked. Seriously.
I feel so much better now! We head home this afternoon, right after lunch. It will be so very nice to sleep in my dry bed!
Don't forget to go over to KMama's and free yourself of irritations that you just can't seem to let go!