Frivolous Friday





Check this out:
Yep, that's right:  I shaved my legs!  I know y'all are so happy to know that!  I called the pedi place to see if I needed to get an appointment, and he said they were there, so I could come as soon as I could get there.  I had the whole place to myself!  I guess people aren't wanting to get out still.  One of my coworkers said that her son was going to his first day of class for the semester, but didn't make it out of the subdivision.  And, she doesn't even live in the mountainous part of the county. 
Here's what my front yard looked like today when I looked out of the living room window:
The snow has been on the ground for 3 days.  In Southern talk, that means we're going to get it again.

When we had the Christmas tree up for a few days, I looked at the ornaments and realized that we were missing some of the boys' ornaments that had been given to them, mostly by CH's parents.  I went downstairs and looked through the endless sea of tubs we have, but they weren't there.  I looked in the cabinets in the man cave; they weren't there either.  We decided that either they had accidentally been thrown away, or would eventually show up.  Before OS went back to college, he cleaned out a closet in the man cave.  Guess what he found?  They were in a box, along with a very sticky candy cane.  One of MS' ornaments had broken, but I just super-glued that baby back together, and it was as good as new.  And, as an added bonus, CH found a clothes hamper that had 4 pairs of my shoes in it!  I cleaned them off, and they're ready to go!  It's perfect, because a couple of pairs are black and one pair is brown, and I wanted to get some more black and brown shoes that aren't slip-on.  PERFECT!  And, they still fit!  Maybe with the money I just saved, CH can get a surprise for me!

And, just to totally and completely randomize this post, here's a commercial that cracks me up:



So typical of little boys!

18 comments:

  1. Finding your ornaments in a box with a stick candy cane is something that would happen in my house, too. Great post. Found you via Friday blog hop.

    CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Glue is great! IF you don't glue your fingers together. Like I did once. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. The video is cute!
    I got my toes 'did' last night too...but I did not have to drive through snow. :)
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found the ornaments, I hate losing something like that.

    Your front yard is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love finding something that I've lost--and I've been known to use that super glue, too!
    Cute commercial! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those toes! I'm so glad you were able to treat yourself!!

    As far as lost things, isn't it a relief to find something so sentimental? Yay for small miracles!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the toes! you really do have nice feet - I DON'T so you will never see a photo of my feet! The snow on your yard is very pretty. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that commercial. It's been showing a lot, but so far I haven't gotten tired of it.

    Glad you found the ornaments. Did you move them to be with your other Christmas ornaments so you can find them next year?

    I'm off today! Day #14...and they haven't called off the holiday on Monday. Hopefully we'll get to go Tuesday which will be the last day of the first semester!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I too am from the South and we have had so much snow! I think like before Christmas it has been all snow.

    I do love winter because I hate shaving my legs

    ReplyDelete
  10. The toes look cute! The snow is pretty...our snow is gone! (No note of sadness in my voice either.)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love a pedicure!

    How fun to find something you didn't know was missing...and it's shoes! Even better!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am jealous about the pedi...and wow...shaved the legs...I am planning to do that this weekend. I am tired of the static the hair on my legs is causing. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your toes look wonderful, so glad you went and did that! I can't believe all the snow you have had. Crazy weather everywhere. Glad you found the ornaments and the shoes.
    Cute video. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for the follow.... and am following back! I about died with the picture of the toes! Story.... the day before football season started, I painted my toes, by the time it was time to re-do, Auburn was really winning games and I was afraid to take the polish off. What if they lost and it was all my fault! ;) Anyway, took the chipped, grown out polish off Tuesday morning!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I need you guys to come to my house - I have a whole list of things I can't find and I know they've got to be here somewhere!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You got your toes did! And they look fabulous! After our little chat we had the other day, you actually inspired me to shave mine too. You really needed that information too, didn't you? haha Seriously, I'm glad you found your missing items. It was like Christmas all over again the Small Town household. Hope you've had a great weekend! I loved the commercial. Candace

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love love love all the little handmade ornaments. What memories. Found you blog hopping and loving it. I am now your newest follower. I can't believe the snow. I am from a small town in Texas and we haven't had any. We did last year though. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts