Meet Me on Monday



Before I get to this week's questions, I wanted to show you what I woke up to this morning:

The bowl that YS put out last night so we can make snow cream today.  It will be FES' first taste of snow cream.
The birdhouse on our back porch:
A couple of pictures from the front porch:
No school for anybody this morning!  I may not be at work until Thursday or Friday.  (Waaaa....NOT!)
Okay, here are the questions:
 
Questions:

1.  Have you (only you..not a group) ever won first place in anything?
I was the Spelling Bee champion at my elementary school for a couple of years.  When I went to the county Spelling Bee...I froze.  Never made it beyond the 2nd round.

2.  Are your toes always painted (sorry guys...this question for girls only)?
Not in the winter.  But, I'm getting ready to get a pedi (as soon as I get off my keester and shave my legs).

3.  What color eyes do you have?
Blue.  CH and all of our boys also have blue eyes.

4.  Look to your left....what do you see?
My little Pepper (Jack Russell Mix) curled up on a blanket.
She doesn't quite know what to do about the snow.  When I let her out this morning, she didn't even get off of the concrete porch...she peed right next to the steps on the porch!  Ally, on the other hand, knows all about the snow.  I think she likes it...she stayed out for a few minutes walking around in it.

5.  Soft cookies or crunchy cookies?
Soft.  No indecision on this at all.
Wanna play along?  Just go to Java's and link up and see how everybody else answered the questions!

16 comments:

  1. Snow cream huh? Let me know how you make that as NJ will be hit with a sizable storm Tues/Weds.. I'll miss this one as I'll be in Georgia on business.. But, I'm sure they'll be some white stuff still untouched when I get back!

    Grabbed your lovely button for my blog.. Looking forward to returning to yours to read more!

    Leslie - Tranquil Acres of Alexandria

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love snow cream!! We've had snow 3 times in the past month, but never enough to make snow cream. Drat! Maybe tomorrow though with the forecast. Keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Snow day here today, too. I'll think of you! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Best snow I've seen in all my years here! Love it! We might make snow cream too..haven't decided!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy that snow day! You seem to get a lot of them, do you have to go longer at the end of the year? Our kids are only allowed to miss 3 days.

    So how do you make snow cream?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love the pics of the snow. I'm with the rest--how do you make snow cream?
    Enjoy your snow day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all of your snow!

    I won the spelling bee in 8th grade and at regionals, I got the toughest word of the first round and was knocked out. I think the word was tertiary or something like that. I had NO CLUE.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow cream: Bowl of snow, can of sweetened condensed milk, teaspoon of vanilla. Mix together and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am with you on the number two answer. I love snow cream too....one year my son got a huge candy cane and it snowed....we chopped that bad boy up...added peppermint flavoring instead of vanilla and the crushed peppermint...if you like peppermint it was to die for.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's headed for us just in time to foul up my plans to see Dr. Oz. Our tix are for Wednesday and we're supposed to get anywhere up to a foot Tuesday night into Wednesday. Whaa!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,
    Just hopping by via MMOM. I have never heard of snow cream before but the next time it snows I am going to make some! If you have a few minutes spare please pop by and see me.
    Helen x
    www.acraftykindoftruffle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now, I wish I was visiting somewhere with snow so I can try your recipe. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Mine worked real hard to finish up first half of school today in order to get out and play during their "recess". While they were outside, I was washing sandy clothes. Bizarre :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've never made snow cream but saw it on someones blog today. Sounds tasty! The snow is beautiful to look out. That is pretty awesome on the spelling bee. I love getting my pedi, try to shave the legs once a week. Blue eye answers this afternoon. All morning were brown & hazel. I think Skye would love it, Charlie my grand dog will pee right outside the door when it's raining.

    ReplyDelete
  15. When we were leaving the house this morning the snow was beautiful, 5 inches of white fluff. I told Hubby we should get a bowl and make snow cream ( I like mine with a little maple syrup) but when we got back some of the white fluff was yellow! Snow lemonade anyone..YUCKY missed my opportunity...too many dogs in our complex!

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ahhh I love snow! A lot. What a great way to get snow icecream. Genius!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts