Meet Me on Monday


Every Sunday Java posts questions for us to answer so that we can get to know each other better.  I don't know how she comes up with such great questions every week, but I'm glad she does!

1.  Do you like your ice cream in a dish, waffle cone, pretzel cone, sugar cone or cake cone?
Pretzel cone?  I've never had one of those, but, MAN, it sounds good!  My favorite is a waffle cone.  Don't you just love the smell of  the waffle cones when you walk into an ice cream shop?

2.  Do you read the newspaper daily?
I look at the local paper online every day.  When I'm at school, if I have time, I'll thumb through the paper copy.

3.  Marinara or meat sauce?
Meat sauce.

4.  Last time you cried?
I tear up quite a bit when I read some blog posts, but, the last time I just out and out cried?  With tears rolling down my face?  Probably when I watched "The Family Stone" over Christmas.

5.  What word/phrase do you find really annoying?
"My bad". or "F you".  Or, just the "F" word.

Jump over to Java's to see how everybody else answered!

Don't forget to visit my friend's book club blog that she just started:  The Two Pelicans Book Club!

17 comments:

  1. I do love the smell of the waffle cones cooking (baking?) - it's like coffee or popcorn - they smell better than they taste but that pretzel cone sounds awesome!! The right amount of sweet and salty don't you think.

    I'm with you on the "my bad" because typically it's followed by that little giggle that says I know I messed up but because I said something cute and giggled you're not supposed to get upset with me.....grrrrrrr

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still hate that "F" word, too...Hope your Monday is a good one :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, I've never heard of Pretzel cone either but I like my ice cream in a dish. I eat slow and this way it can melt and not get it all over me.

    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so agree with you on #5. I hate those words.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My bad, I cried yesterday. :)
    Actually I don't think I ever miss a day of NOT crying.
    Love the smell of ice cream shops too because of the waffle cones, but I love the old fashioned cake cones. Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoying this blog!!! Hoping you stop by and follow me back (oh and check out my giveaway going on until Friday:) )

    www.victoria-nouveau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. you are so right about that waffle cone smell!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had not heard of the pretzel cones before Java's question either. I'll bet its yummy.

    I tend to tear up over some blog posts as well. Some from sadness and some from laughing so hard I cry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't play along today but wanted to see your answers. I have never heard of a pretzel cone either. I do not read the paper or watch the news. I like sauce both ways. I cried yesterday, I have been very emotional. Maybe because my house is starting to look very empty because Christmas is almost all packed up! Have a wonderful week Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mary- I am so with you on meat sauce. I just can't stand marinara without meat or sometimes I will put pancetta in it but nonetheless it has to have that meaty flavor! I hate the F you phrase too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. "My Bad" is definitely annoying.
    Love your background!
    Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've never tried a pretzel cone and I"m sure I never should : ) I love pretzels with ice cream anyway-that salty sweet thing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Waffle cones smell amazing. Do they make candles in that scent? If they don't, they should. Mmmmmmm.....!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wait!? A pretzel cone? That sounds delicious!

    And thanks for the reminder that I have a crossword waiting for me (Sunday's paper is the only one I buy each week).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Mary,
    I enjoyed meeting you on this Monday and reading your post.
    Meet your newest follower.
    Hope you'll swing by and visit me too. Company is always welcome at my place:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm with you on the waffle cone...though I can never finish it so I usually end up with the cup b/c I don't want to waste money...just kill the environment. Heehee.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi,
    I'm a new follower from the Meet Me On Monday Blog Hop. If you get a minute, please stop by and read my answers and follow back.
    http://alittleoftheother.com

    Have a super week,
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts