Recipe Challenge for January


This is a great idea that Belleicious came up with.  Make a new recipe every month, then post a picture and the recipe.  I don't know about you, but I'm so tired of cooking the same thing week after week.  Go over and take a peek at what other bloggers made this month and get some ideas!

I'm actually cheating this month.  This is something that YS made for us on Sunday night:
Orange-Balsamic Glazed Chicken and Lemon Risotto.  YS said he was watching the Travel Channel and clicked up one channel and voila!  Rachael Ray was fixing this on her 30 Minute Meals, so he decided to give it a go.  The only substitution he made was using spinach instead of arugula for the topping.  Our small town Kroger didn't have arugula.  The produce guy said they were out, but I'm doubting whether or not they really had it to begin with.  Oh well, it was really, really good.  FES told YS that he should cook more often.  A slight on my cooking?  Better not be!
For the recipes, click on the name and you will be taken to the how-to's on Food Network.

Orange-Balsamic Glazed Chicken
Lemon Risotto

Don't forget to see what other people cooked this month!

7 comments:

  1. Mmm. Sounds good. Looks good too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that all Catholic families had a Mary in them up through the 70's! :) I have a sister Mary, too.

    So wonderful that your son cooked dinner. And it looked delicious.

    Make sure you show us the new bathtub area when it is finished. I always enjoy seeing what other people do with their updates.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.my.goodness! That dinner looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a firm believer that anything with balsamic vinegar is going to be tasty. My favorite salad dressing right now calls for this vinegar. I've been known to lick the dressing container clean. *blushing*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cooking a meal once a month is something I could do! Your dinner sounds delicious and I have to look for that lemon risotto recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks scrumptious, Mary! I'm thinking about jumping in on the recipe challenge! I can do ONE new recipe a month when there are so many I want to try! Here goes! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. and Mary...I just love the "Funny Quote of the Day" app that you have on your sidebar! It always makes me chuckle! thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts