Super Duper Hodgepodge


1. Will you watch the Super Bowl? If so who will you root for? If you are outside the USA what is the 'big deal sporting event' in your own country?
I'm sure I'll watch.  I don't know who I'll want to win, but whoever I decide will lose.  In every playoff game I've watched this year, the team I've wanted to win has lost. (And, if you're wondering, I can be bought.)

2. Is ignorance bliss?
In a lot of scenarios, absolutely!

3. Which of the seven dwarfs are you? (and just in case your Disney is a little bit rusty, here they are-Bashful, Doc, Dopey, Grumpy, Happy, Sleepy, and Sneezy)
Lately I've been Grumpy.  A little Sneezy at times, but mostly Grumpy.

4. When you are riding in the car with another couple how do you organize the seating? (Men up front? Women up front? Couples sit together?) And thanks to Lori at Mountain Woman at Heart for the question! Everyone go say hi to Lori. 
Gosh, I don't know remember the last time we rode with another couple.  I have no idea.  I guess it would depend on who it was and where we were going. 

5. What is beauty?
What's with some of these questions and making us think and be philosophical?  
Beauty in a person is someone who is caring and has a good heart. I see beauty around me every day in the smiles of children.  Also, everytime I look at the mountains my breath is taken away by the beauty.

6. If someone asks you to bring an appetizer or a dessert to a party in their home, which would you choose?
Dessert.  Definitely dessert

7. What is your crowd pleasing go-to appetizer? 
I rarely take appetizers anywhere.  I take desserts.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
Last night I had to go to a specially called band booster meeting.  I had to go because I'm the secretary so I had to be there to take the minutes.  I didn't want to go, but I knew I had to suck it up and put my big girl panties on and be responsible.  There has been quite a bit of hard feelings related to an issue that should've been taken care of at the beginning of the school year, and it's come to a head.  At last week's meeting, we had a couple of parents threaten to walk out.  Too bad they didn't, 'cause they're a big part of the problem. (I didn't say that out loud, did I?)  Now I know why my parents never got involved in boosters of any kind.
I got home and typed up the minutes, then checked my e-mail.  When I read one of them, I was in tears.  How is it possible that I can get so heartbroken to hear that someone I've never met IRL is going through a miscarriage (not her first)?  My heart is so incredibly heavy right now from her news.  I just keep thinking, "That jerk in the booster meeting doesn't want to give sports boosters who worked the concessions the money that they're expecting, while my friend is going through a miscarriage?"  Talk about putting things in perspective.  So, if you could just stop for a minute and say  a quick prayer for my friend and her husband, I would appreciate it.  I know they would, too.

18 comments:

  1. I think we appreciate the 'light' questions more when they are mixed with the 'philosophical' : ). People get caught up in trivial stuff so easily...I will say a prayer for your friend. That is hard.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry to hear about your friend.
    I am sending hugs & prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The older I get the more I realize how lucky we were to have 4 healthy children relatively easily. I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. Heartbreaking.

    On lighter notes, I'm relieved we're not the only ones that don't go places with other couples, I worried there for a second.

    Sorry about the Band Boosters, PTAs are often the same way. It's so maddening.

    I'm often all 7 of the Dwarfs, how odd is that?

    I do often think ignorance is bliss. There's a lot to be said for it.

    Praying for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The philosophical questions make you think. Thinking can be good. I will keep your friend in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mary, I will definitely remember your friend. We have prayers together this evening at 5:15--so know that she and her husband will definitely be on our prayer list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having been through a miscarriage I can really empathize. Perspective is such a hard thing to get but when you do it smacks you right in the face. I am so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry about your friend. I will be praying for her. I'm glad I stopped by today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so sorry to her about your friends. Praying for her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry to hear about your friend. she will need alot of support. i will keep her in my prayers rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. I will pray for your friends. As a mother who has lost children, my heart breaks when I hear of another going through that. Although it's probably the last thing she wants to here right now, you need to remind her that God has a wonderful plan for her. Unfortunately, we often have to live a through a nightmare in order to truly give God the glory when the sun shines again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I said Grumpy for me too.

    Saying a prayer for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm Grumpy too! I want to be Happy.
    That was pretty much my answer for #4, we don't really have that many couple friends. I would bring a dessert too. I will definately pray for your friend. I have a friend who just had one on Sunday.
    If you would like me to send a handkerchief from my For Your Tears blog just send me her name and address. dpucci9972@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate big girl panties. They always give me wedgies. Can't we all just stay little in our diapers and not have to be grown ups? No?
    Sigh.....
    Sent up a prayer for your friend. I hope her soul recovers soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I am so sorry for your friend, her husband, her family, and her unborn child. I am fortunate to have had two fairly inconsequential pregnancies and two healthy babies, but I know women who were not so fortunate. Miscarriage can be as traumatic as losing a child you've known and loved for many years.

    It's getting late, but I would like to address a couple of your hodgepodges (?) I fear I am all of the dwarfs at the moment, less Bashful and h Happy than I used to be, more Grumpy than I used to be, and getting Dopier every year!

    Super Bowl? What's that?

    I bring whatever the hostess wants me to bring, which is usually chess squares or homemade strawberry shortcakes or that seven layer taco dip.

    Just a little note - we got 4 inches of snow, and it is the most beautiful snow I've ever seen - our whole world looks like Narnia. I've been taking pictures all day, but none of them are any good. The clouds are so thick that no light is getting through, and with everything all white, there's no contrast to show off the white, if that makes any sense. Everything just has a blueish dark tone to it. I thought there was something wrong with my camera, then I started watching the news and saw that everybody was sending in pictures that looked just mine. So it's beautiful, but so disappointing! I'm hoping there'll be a bit of sun tomorrow (today!) so I can get some decent shots.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm really more of an appetizer person. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy desserts...but I guess I really crave savory more than sweet.

    I'm so sorry about your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am so sorry for your friend. I just said a prayer for her.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for describing yourself as Grumpy! I was too chicken to do for myself--though it's true all too often!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Our Sports Boosters group is INCREDIBLE--Such a wonderful group of people, and so generous. Thank you for doing your part! Sorry to hear the experience is less than fun.

    An insurance guy once told me to always sit kitty-corner from my husband when riding with another couple. That way, if the car gets broadsided, only one of you will get killed and your kids will still have one parent. On that cheerful note...

    Of course, you know I'll be rooting for the Packers. The Steelers have had their fair share of wins lately! Pick the Steelers, please!!!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts