Tomorrow

I have no idea how this happened.  Wait.  Yes I do.  I was in a hurry and didn't double check what I was doing.  That's how I managed to triple book myself with 3 IEP meetings tomorrow afternoon, all at 3:00.  Yes, I said triple book.  I thought I was supposed to have 1 meeting to place a student into Speech Therapy last Wednesday and the parent didn't show up.  For the 2nd time.  The teacher & I were scratching our heads, because this parent initiated the referral.  The next day I got the parent response in my box, saying he will attend on 30 March.  The teacher couldn't figure out how he got it back to us so quickly.  Uuuuuh, that would be because I'm an idiot and wrote the meeting down on the wrong date on my calendar.
So, what do you do when you've triple booked yourself?  Pray that one of the parents don't show up, of course!  I'm responsible for 2 of the meetings, and the special ed. teacher is responsible for the other one.  We will, at times, schedule meetings for the same day.  When that happens, I do what I need to do for my meeting, then rush down to her room for the other one.  It works for us.  It drives Mr. Principal crazy, I'm sure.
I have a feeling this will be the one time that both parents for my meetings will show up.  On time.  *sigh*
Tomorrow is going to be a crazy day.

14 comments:

  1. Oh how I do not miss the wonderful IEP meetin's or all the IEP paperwork!!! I retired Special Ed. several years ago, heck I retired from school several years ago. Thing is...I have no time!!!

    It's a runnin ' joke 'round the Ponderosa about my 'free' time!!

    Girl, ya done went and did what all of us fear! Just throw on that super cape and rock and roll baby...amaze Mr. Principal!!! Heeehehe.

    Please let us know how ya manage!

    God bless and have a terrific Tuesday!!! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH My! I home you took your vitamins!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel for you! Hope all worked out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need a body double!
    Or, maybe a secretary would be easier to come by.
    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just goin going to say what LynnMarie said.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you could send me a wisp of hair, a vial of blood, and one of your school outfits by overnight express, I will supply you with a clone for tomorrow.

    I am full of hidden talents.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Houston, I think we have a problem.

    Hope the day went well...somehow...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, my! Yikes! Too bad you can't clone yourself a couple of times--send the clones to the meetings and then you could sit in your classroom and eat bonbons!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck! I hope it all works out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I guess its too late in the year to hope for a snow day! Somehow you will live through it, but I can imagine it will be a very "hairy" day indeed!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can so relate. How did it all work out for you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can so relate. How did it all work out for you?

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts