Calm Day

Yesterday was much calmer than Wednesday.  In Greene County, which is about 1 1/2 hours from me, there were some deaths from the storm.  I have a couple of very good friends who live there, so I checked with them to make sure they were okay.  One friend said that several of his kids' schoolmates lost their houses, and one lost her father.  The other friend said that she and her family were okay, but there were many who weren't and needed prayers.

I texted OS a couple of times before I got an answer:  He was okay and he didn't think it was bad at his university.  I think he's just used to SC storms and didn't realize just how bad it was.  One of my sisters lives near the university.  She said that there was some damage to her house, but they were fine.  It's a good thing tax season is over; her husband has time to take care of things now.

MS' car did not have a branch through it: his broken back window was the courtesy of hail.  I went up and put plastic over it; he drove it home yesterday evening and vacuumed the glass out.  I couldn't believe how much glass is actually in a back window.  It completely shattered.
There were several cars in the same shape when I pulled into where he had parked his car.  And, all of the kids who came by and talked to me told me their cars had damage, too.    His poor little car has dents all over it, too.  It looked pitiful.  When I went to Lowes to get the plastic and tape, I talked to 4 people who said they had windows in their house broken.  So, it could've been much worse.  God was really protecting us last night.
Good news:  the baby bunnies appeared to have made it through the storms just fine.  I checked on them yesterday morning and saw the cover of the burrow moving.  Mama was close by, keeping an eye on me.  Pepper's been doing a good job of listening to me when I say, "Uuuuuh" when she starts heading toward the burrow; Ally is still clueless.  Here's a picture of Mama Bunny:  the burrow is just to the right of the tree on the left.
Another weekend is upon us.  Gosh, I love Fridays!  









10 comments:

  1. Great post and I use to hav bunnies when I was growing up. this brought me back to those days@! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad that all of you are OK. The storms have just had me speechless. What devastation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from www.nanahood.com
    So glad you weren't hurt and praying for those who were!

    Teresa

    ps. the verse at the top of your page is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  4. crazy hail. but, yes, it could have been much worse, right? so much devastation.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you are all okay, Mary. The damage from the storms is just devastating. I've been looking at the photos all over the internet. It's amazing the power of the storms and the hail! How crazy is it that it broke the back windshield. I'm glad to hear that the bunnies are all okay too. So cute! Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This weather is so out of control. So many have lost so much. I've seen similar when Hugo came through in '89. It's just too much for words.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Praying for all those who have been devastated by these storms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love bunnies but I sure wish they wouldn't eat my tomatoes off the vine...So much storm devastation. *sigh

    ReplyDelete
  9. One of our friends daughter was right in the middle of it in Alabama but came through fine. Sending good thoughts to all those people.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's all so scary. I can't believe the damage that the hail did. Glad you are all okay. Keeping everyone in my prayers. Also happy to see that bunnies are okay.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts