Sweet Solitude

What a good weekend!  I think last weekend was the first weekend I've ever spent completely alone.  Nobody to worry about, nothing to do for anybody except myself (well, except for their laundry), and no plans.
CH & YS went to "March Moto Madness":  a "by invitation only" kickoff rally for the motorcycle season.  They went last year, but this year YS was invited; he wasn't considered CH's guest.  YS doesn't ride; he went as a cook.  CH bought a dutch oven to go into the fire, and YS was set.  Almost.  When I got home on Friday, I saw the cooler sitting by the garage door.  I looked and inside, and saw their food.  A quick call to CH to ask if there was a reason the cooler was in the garage, followed by  a couple of "I thought you got it."  Luckily a friend of CH's volunteered to ride the cooler on the back of his bike up the next morning.
With last Friday being a "First Friday", I went to the church for the Rosary, Mass, fish dinner, and then Stations (in that order).  I got home, checked e-mails, and called it an early night.  Saturday I got the house clean and laundry done.  I don't know about y'all, but I can clean much better if there's nobody here.  I got a LOT done.  Saturday evening I went to Mass (so I could take it easy on Sunday and sleep in...if the girls would let me) and then to dinner with my parents and 2 other couples.  Then I settled in and watched a couple of movies from RedBox.  I was just a tad bit disappointed on Sunday when CH & YS got home around 1:30.  I was in the middle of a movie, and was enjoying watching it all by myself.  I don't think I'd like to be alone all the time, but every now and then sure is a nice thing!

15 comments:

  1. That sounds blissful....except for the laundry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you ... I like a little alone time - as long it's not for too long or too often. ;-)

    Sounds like you had a nice weekend! Hope your week is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fun weekend! I like alone time like that (and the chance to watch what I want either on TV or movies :)

    It is nice to have every now and again indeed!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy solitude too. I have a little bit too much of it at the moment but I know I need at least some in my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Solitude can be a great thing. Like you, I wouldn't want it all the time, but a break here and there are a must. ;) Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot imagine what life would be like to be a widow or widower...but, I must say, every once in awhile, having the house to oneself for a weekend? That would be heaven:) Glad you had such a great one. I'll live vicariuosly through you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, I never mind being alone either.
    Good save on the cooler; mom's work is never done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lazy weekends with movies are awesome! Add brownies and it's perfect. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Friday's are my alone days. I get so much accomplished---or nothing at all depending on my mood. These past few weeks during Lent we're running a Reflection program on Friday evenings which I host at our Parish. I'm running around and so busy before hand, I haven't been able to make the Stations Of The Cross which I typically enjoy during Lent. The program ends the week before Holy Week, so I will be able to partake in all the services then.....but Fridays are my "aaahhhh" days. So happy to find your blog....stopping in from the Ultimate Blog Party!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can relate to needing alone time. I cherish it when I do get it, and I too get a lot more done. Glad you were able to have this time. I'm sure you needed it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like a great weekend! Its always wonderful to grab time by yourself.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those weekends...and don't get them often. I am actually getting one on my birthday. Frank has class and I will be at home....alone...how cool is that. I have a ton of projects planned.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good for you. Solitude can be a good thing from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Being alone by myself every now and then sounds heavenly for me. I could do things that I love especially the pampering kind of things. It helps de-stress my body and mind.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful weekend! We all need time like that from time to time. I absolutely love my other half; but I can't get anything done when he's around and virtually never apart these days. :)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts