Wednesday Hodgepodge


It's Wednesday, so it must be time for another Hodgepodge!  To play along, click on the about button, copy and paste the questions, answer, then link up!

1. If you could work for any one government agency which would you choose and why? (if you're in the US here's a helpful list)
Office of Elementary and Secondary Education.  Seriously, because I think we must have a bunch of people in there who haven't been in a classroom in a looooong time (if ever).
 
2. How difficult is it for you to forgive someone who refuses to apologize?
I hate drama, which is why God gave me boys.  This is actually a hard question for me, because I can't think of a time when someone didn't apologize for something they did to me.
 
3. What is your favorite meatless supper?
Cookies.  Or popcorn.
 
4. Wednesday August 10th is National Lazy Day...will you be celebrating? If so, tell us how so we can be lazy too. 
Where do you find these things?  Talk about random!  Since I'll be working, I don't think I'd better participate!

5. As a child did you have any special back to school traditions and if so, what were they? If you're a parent did you carry on those traditions with your own children?
I remember getting new shoes and a few new clothes.  I remember being so excited before that first day:  putting my clothes out, all the way down to my socks and shoes.  And the smell of new notebooks!  Remember that?
 
6. Write a summer tongue twister.
She sells seashells by the seashore.  (You just said to "write" one; you didn't say it had to be original!)
 
7. Would you be interested in observing a surgery or do you turn away when the nurse brings out the needle? 
I don't turn away at a needle, but I don't think I could observe a surgery.  When CH had his surgery, my stomach would do flip-flops looking at his incisions.  Guess it's a good thing I didn't become a nurse like I was planning when I was in high school! 

8. Insert your own random thought here. 
The Help opens up today.  The trailer looks very good; hope it's as good as the book!  Is anybody planning on seeing it over the weekend?

11 comments:

  1. I've heard very good things about THE HELP. I've even heard it was well-written with intelligence. But I know it's going to make me so angry. I like to read the books before I see the movies...I'm still thinking about this one.

    I do remember the smell of new notebooks! Loved it!

    Your answer to number 2 made me laugh- the only time the lovelies have had any drama is when boys were involved! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope to see the movie this weekend...we have some stuff going on so not sure I'll get there but I can't wait! I hope it lives up to the book.

    #6-ha ha
    #1-agreed, in fact I think administrators need to periodically have a year in a classroom-touch base again with the realities of the day to day. They have it when they initially move into admin but somewhere along the way they forget what being in the classroom on a daily basis is really like. Daughter2 starts her student teaching program today-2nd grade-she's excited!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have all girls, and believe me, there is PLENTY of drama around these parts! Ha!

    I want to see "The Help" but it probably will not be over the weekend. I read the book, and it was a real page turner. I could hardly put it down! I wonder how true to the book the movie will be?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer to read the books before seeing the movies. And with DH's poor hearing (and with the price of tickets), we almost always wait until the movies are out on DVD before we watch them. That should give me time to get The Help read before I watch the movie ... and I definitely intend to do both.

    I, too, hate drama ... I can be a bit ostrich-like in order to avoid it. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amen! to number 1! I'm going to see the movie with my bookclub...although I never hold out much hope for movies based on books I like...I can't think of one that really did the book total justice, ya know? Blessings to you today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm reading THE HELP...got to finish it so i can go see it

    ReplyDelete
  7. What's your favorite cookie? I almost said cookies and milk but she said supper not a snack. #6 too funny.

    Have a God blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I want to see "The Help", not sure if I'll get to it this weekend, but maybe...I know what you mean about drama, and it's true - we girls are the Drama Queens, guys don't do drama.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hubs is a deer hunter. He was totally into my c-section...so much so, I was mad at him!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh girl, #1 spoke to my heart, and I'm only a second-year teacher (writing that just made me smile).

    #3...cookies...ROFL!!!

    #4...hugs...it was fun being lazy all summer though!!!

    Random Thought...I am WITH you! I am going to see this movie, if I have to beg for a free movie ticket. I loved the book!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i want to see the movie, too. but don't think my 9 yo should with its pg-13 rating. sigh. i will, though. even if on dvd!

    i knew i like you. notebooks and no drama. *giggle*

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts