Wednesday Hodgepodge


I need to apologize for the weird background below.  I have no idea what happened, and wasn't able to take the background off!
Jump on over to Joyce's to join in the hodgepodge!  Click on the above button, copy and paste the questions, and don't forget to link up!

1. What is something that bothers you if it's not done perfectly?
  Let's change this around:  What doesn't
 bother me if it's not done perfectly?  From loading the dishwasher to my job...it's a tough life.  *sigh*
2. Do you think a 6th sense exists? Explain. 
I do believe in a "gut feeling".   Sometimes there are things you just feel "aren't right".
3. Do you say your goodbyes slowly, quickly, or not at all? 
Oh, I hate goodbyes!  I guess I do it quickly and go on.
4. On a scale of 1-10, with ten being hot hot hot, what level of spice do you like in your food? What's your favorite 'spicy' dish? 
2.  I like to enjoy my food; I don't want to be miserable eating!  I don't have a favorite spicy dish, since I don't eat anything spicy.
5. What is one of your all time favorite commercial jingles? 
Who remembers the old Alka-Seltzer commercial?  You know  "Plop- plop, fizz-fizz; oh, what a relief it is".  Here's why:  Once, when I was little (I have no idea how old I was), we went camping on the Outer Banks.  My sister & I went into the bathroom and heard this little girl (who was sitting on the toilet) singing that jingle.  It's stuck with me all these years!
6. Plane, train, boat or auto...your preferred method of travel?
If I'm going a long way:  plane.  I like to get there and enjoy being there.  Not a big fan of boats; I just haven't been around them very much.  When I went to NYC with a high school band I was a guard instructor for, we went to NYC from Atlanta by train.  It was awful.  I kept thinking we were going to derail.  It was noisy, cold, and I got zero sleep.
7. What is something you take for granted?
Electricity, good health, gasoline, indoor plumbing (yes, even here in E. Tn.!), etc.   You name it, I pretty much take it for granted.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday I realized just what a little bubble I live in.  I've been so busy at work lately, I haven't had time to check the tv station online to see what's going on.  I got in my car a little after 3:00, and heard the person on the radio talking about an earthquake on the east coast, but he didn't say where.  I found out at 4:30 that it was in DC.  One lady at the band meeting said she actually felt it at her house.  
The talk radio station I was listening to was talking about dementia and alzheimers.  Then, they started talking about Pat Summit, the Lady Vols Coach who is a goddess around here.  She announced today that she had been diagnosed with early stage dementia-alzheimer's type.  In true Pat style, she said that there wasn't going to be a pity-party.  Pat's a true fighter; I wouldn't doubt it if she kicked its butt!

11 comments:

  1. Even in E. Tennesee-teehee : )

    I'm sure Pat Summit will continue to amaze!

    Daughter1 works in the heart of DC. They were evacuated (from her 6th floor office!!) and then they ended up closing early, mostly due to the transportation chaos. It took her two hours to get home and she had to take buses since you don't want to go underground in an earthquake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder what happened to your background.
    Blogger acts up on me also.
    I thought about changing over to Wordpress but think I like blogger better.

    I put a 2 on spicy foods too.
    I agree..I don't want to be miserable eating.

    I had to laugh at your answer for #5
    Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny story about the Alka-Seltzer memory! :O)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard about Pat Summit. So sad but what an inspiration she is! Deanie works in Arlington, VA and she was freaking out about that earthquake. Now she may have to be concerned about hurricane Irene instead of us (she lives in DC)! She can't believe it! LOL Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had forgotten about the alka-seltzer commercial! And I didn't hear about the earthquake until after 4:30 when I had my hair cut...my hairdresser asked me if I'd heard. I heard about Pat Summit when I went to facebook. A friend is a huge Lady Vol fan and posted on her fb page.

    ReplyDelete
  6. spicy food: I'm a 2 also. Or a 1. Black pepper can be too much for me. (But surprising I've been eating some guacamole with jalapeno puree in it, and I've been ok with a reasonable amount of it.)

    I remember that trip to the Outer Banks, *and* when you heard the girl singing. I've told people about it, too! I think I was maybe 8 at the time so you would have been 14? I couldn't have been much younger than that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is only ONE way to load a dishwasher...mine ;) I agree!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very impressed with Pat Summit too....her response is amazing. She is a lady women need to look up to, My cousin Amanda is working in VA now...and I could not get her yesterday....she finally got me via facebook. What a week....and I still wish Irene would follow a path that would give us some much needed rain. It wa 104 here yesterday....how do you spell relief.....RAIN......I love the Alka Seltzer commercial too....and the Oscar Mayer one....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your the first Alka-Seltzer I've heard so far. I remember it well! Sorry about the news on the coach.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm laughing about the alka seltzer story. That is too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm SO with you on #1!!

    Cute story about the Alka Seltzer. You've been to the Outer Banks? If we ever get to go, I'll have to check with you for advice & recommendations. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts