Lazy Weekend

I had an extremely lazy weekend.  Oh, I had big plans, but ended up sitting/laying on the couch, watching football all weekend.  I was going to clean like a mad woman, making sure every speck of dust was gone.  We've been having some work done on the house...I'm waiting to blog about it until it gets completely done, so things are a little out of kilter.
It started on Thursday. By Thursday afternoon I felt like total crap.  I was suppose to go to a band booster exec. board meeting, but ended up asking the treasurer if she wouldn't mind taking notes for me. I was in bed at 7:00; asleep by 7:30.   I missed the small town's football game on Friday; only about the 4th or 5th game I've missed in the 8 seasons we've lived here.
So what's going on?  Maybe it was the mere mention in Joyce's hodgepodge about colds & flu shots.  Or maybe it was one of my sisters' having a bad cold/cough last weekend.  I ended up laying on the couch yesterday afternoon and falling asleep; I felt much better after I woke up.
Coughs are annoying.  It's the kind that you try to suppress, but it just keeps nagging and tickling your throat, especially if you get hot.  It's the kind where the mucous just "hangs there"; won't go down, won't come up.  (TMI?)  I tried mucinex, and it just didn't take care of the problem.  I tried hot tea...no go.  Any other suggestions?

11 comments:

  1. If Mucinex didn't help, I would probably see a doc and get an antibiotic. I had another blogging friend who kept putting off the doc with similar symptoms and when she finally went, the antibiotics helped. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have someone make you some homemade chicken noodle soup- make sure it has celery, onions, carrots, garlic and lemon in the broth. Should clear you right up! Oh, a dash of cayenne pepper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no advice ... but I know that feeling (can't get the mucous up to get rid of it even though you know it's. right. there. Praying that whatever you have will pass quickly. {{hug}}

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need some chicken soup and Empty Nester is right...a dash of cayenne : ) Rest, lots of liquids and time...if you're not feeling better in a couple of days I 'd head to the doc. I'm pretty sure I'm not responsible : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry your not feeling well.
    ((HUGS)) Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw, I'm sorry you're not feeling well. I've had the creeping crud too. I don't think "cold" is a strong enough word for how lousy I feel. It should be called something like, "horrible, no good, terrible, very bad virus which makes you feel really, really awful."

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. always not fair to get sick on the weekend!! hope you feel better soon!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am right with you there....My weekend was not quite what I expected it to be either.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh sweetie, I'm sorry your didn't feel well enough to enjoy your weekend. Do you have a cool air humidifier goin' to keep everything moist and loose?

    You take care sweetie!

    God bless and have a better day! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, ugh, ugh, ugh!! Hope you're feeling better by now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. If you missed the local football game then I know you feel TERRIBLE!! I know how you enjoy those football games.
    Hope you're feeling better by now.
    Being sick is such a Bummer! :-(

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts