It's Wednesday already! Time for the Hodgepodge!
1. A new Miss America was crowned on Saturday night-did you watch? If you were a contestant what would your talent be?
No, I don't watch the pageants. My talent would be playing the flute, but I'd have to practice on it quite a bit since I haven't played in years!
2. Do you have houseplants? Real or fake?
We have a fake ficus tree. I brought in a couple of plants from outside when it got cold...they managed to survive for a whole year! In fact, this is the 2nd winter they've been inside. Fingers crossed that I remember to water them!
3. When you were in school did you speak up or were you more of the hide your face, avoid eye contact, and pray the teacher didn't call on you type of student?
It depended on the subject. Math & Science: I prayed. English: My hand was up all the time!
4. Next Monday marks the Chinese New Year...what do you order when someone suggests Chinese food?
My favorite is sweet & sour sauce, but I also like sesame chicken. Love crab rangoon, and the "cat on a stick" (the chicken that has a skewer...I don't know the correct name for it!).
5. How would you define a miracle? What would it take for you to consider something a miracle?
There are miracles happening every day, if we just pay attention we'd see them. It's a miracle when a student finally gets a sound or a concept we've been working on. It's a miracle when I didn't leave work when I normally do, only to find there was an accident about the same time I would've been going through the intersection. Every time you think "What a coincidence" think again.
6. What's your favorite Disney song? If you're stuck you'll find a list here.
Well, gee...since I just read Joyce's post about going to see Beauty and the Beast 3D, I have the theme song running through my head. Then I checked the website she directed us to: 574 songs? There have definitely been some amazing songs through the years, but I can't get B & the B out of my head now.
7. I should have _____________ yesterday.
I honestly can't think of a thing. Yesterday was a good day: I went to work, came home, played a little, fixed dinner, went to a meeting, played/read a little, then went to sleep.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
We've had big news in the big city close to here. Extreme Home Makeover has been in town for the past week and a half. One of the teachers I work with helped over the weekend, and it was very interesting to hear what she had to say. Apparently there were a couple of people there who were only there for their "star power". It's going to be interesting to see how they come across when the show airs next Thanksgiving.