Weekend Wrap-Up



Weekend Wrap-up at a Defined Life

Stephani at A Defined Life started up a new meme last week, and I forgot.  So, here I am this week, to join in.  To find out more about the meme, click here.

Saturday we went to a little wedding.  YS' band director got married to a sweet young woman.

I did a little reading.  I actually finished one book and got started on another.  If you haven't found the free Kindle books, check out http://ereadernewstoday.com and www.fkbooksandtips.com.
I spent waaaay too much playing this:
(I'm really going to have to just walk away.)
We got YS' Senior Pictures Proofs.
While they were very good, I'm waiting for my niece to get back in touch with me about doing a shoot with him.  When I get them from her, I'm able to get exactly how many I need in the sizes I need them.  I don't like having to commit to a package and paying a bunch of money for pictures that will never be used.

And, finally, as I was sitting on the back porch Sunday evening reading my book, I heard a "splat".  I looked over on the table to see this:
 And that pretty much sums up the weekend! 

As you can see, you don't have to be a professional photographer to participate in this meme.  You don't even have to have a decent camera! 

10 comments:

  1. Mary! Thanks so much for joining in and promoting the meme! It sounds like you had a lot going on this weekend. I don't have a kindle. I can download to my phone, but the screen isn't quite big enough to enjoy reading it too much. It's nice to have it hand though when your out somewhere and want something to read. Are you on instagram? I couldn't find you. I'm @adefinedlife if you want to find me there. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the color of the bridesmaid dresses! I'll have to check out the link...I normally do a weekend wrap up on Mondays. Today I mostly just rambled. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary, I'm so glad you posted about this last week. I participated too. I think I'm going to enjoy this alot.

    I used to play Gardens of Time too, but finally shut it down. But who knows, I may go back to it again when I have some free time. Thanks for the tip on the free Kindle books. I've never heard of the last one. If you like christian fiction and non-fiction, www.inspiredreads.com is a good one and there's also www.pixelofink.com I love getting free Kindle books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're lucky that splat didn't leave its mark on your head! heehee

    Can't believe your youngest is going to be a Senior next year!! Wowza!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love weddings! :-)Very handsome young son!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a lovely weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I did this meme today since I saw it on your post last week. Weddings are so much fun. We have a family one in Sept. in Illinois. I can't wait. Eww...on the splat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm definitely going to have to check out those links for free books on Kindle. I already get daily emails from Pixel of Ink and Inspired Reads ... but am always on the lookout for more free books. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just another thank you for all the promotion you've given my meme. I only had one person sign up last week! It's fun to meet new people. Most of the people that linked up, I did not previously know. Anyway, thanks again and I hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Splat? That looks messy.
    Senior photos? I must have missed something. I've never heard of senior photos at this time of year. :0
    The wedding looks FUN. Congrats to the happy couple.
    xo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts