99 Hodgepodges


1.  So, do you like beer? 
I actually prefer beer to any other alcoholic beverage.  Just give me a cold one & I'm good to go!  
Actually, I think I like beer because it's me rebelling:  my daddy didn't think women should drink beer.  When CH & I were at my parents' house visiting, daddy would always ask CH if he wanted a beer, but would never ask me.  Yep, I'm a rebel that way!

2.  What's your least favorite repetitive task? 
Cleaning the bathroom.  I think it's because that was my chore to do when I was growing up.

3.  When was the last time you rode a bus?  Where was it headed? 
Last October when CH & I were in London.  We went to the Marble Arch to take pictures of it and the Tyburn Tree plaque.

4.  What song from your childhood or from your own children's childhood could make a parent's nerves stand on end? 
The diarrhea song?  Yeah, that's it! 

5.  The US Presidential election cycle is drawing to a close (can I get an AMEN??), and the third and final debate was held last night...what was the last thing you 'debated about'?
AMEN!  I'm a horrible debater..I avoid it.

6.  Can a person make too much money?  How much is too much?
You would think so.  I mean, you can only have so many houses and cars. What would you do with all that money?

7.  Pop-soda-coke-something else...what's it called where you live?
It's called "coke" around here, but I catch myself saying "soda" for some odd reason.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
We have a weird week around here:  the football game is on Thursday night this week.  It's the last regular season home game; playoffs start next week.  The game should be pretty good; at least there's a lot of hype around it.  We're playing the team that knocked us out of playoffs last year.  The game is for the top spot for playoffs:  this week we're #1 in the state, and they're #2.  Last week we were tied at #1, before that they were #1.  They're undefeated; our only loss was to Rival High School (who is a 6A school...we're 3A).   AND, it's the "Halloween Game".  When we play at home the week of/before Halloween, the band dresses up and does a fun show.  This year, they're using a Braveheart theme.  I hate that I'm going to miss it:  I have flute choir practice, and if there's somebody who doesn't need to miss practice, it's me!

15 comments:

  1. of course - a sensible billionnaire does nothing with his actual money except invest it. You then set up accounts that take the interest and divide that up into piles that pay out to charities, pay you a sensible living wage etc

    pretty much every time you order a coke at a bar here it turns out to be pepsi they have on tap, but you just say yeah anyway

    good list

    ReplyDelete
  2. #4-ha! You must be a mother of sons : ) I love the band theme...that's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate cleaning the bathroom, too.

    You're right, some people have a "thing" about women drinking beer. Do you think it's a "southern thing"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephews loved the diarrhea song. It must be a boy thing. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I am fortunate and have never heard the diarrhea song...lucky me. I hate cleaning bathrooms too...

    ReplyDelete
  6. The diarrhea song...aah, yes...gotta love that little dandy!I detest cleaning bathrooms...and the toilet is my least favorite area!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sliding into first - with your pants about to burst! YES! Good stuff!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The diarrhea song must be a boy thing as I've never heard it! But don't worry, I'm not sure I want to just going by the title alone. Great list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a funny story about the beer. You go girl! Gee, how could I forget the buses in Europe.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my. I'd forgotten about the Diarrhoea song! Do you know I only went on a bus in London for the first time back in April! I'd always just walked or used the Tube (subway) all the other times I'd been there.

    The Scottish lass in me wants to rage against the Braveheart theme!!! I'm not sure I can ever forgive Hollywood for rewriting history...with hairy bare bums and face paints.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sorry you are going to miss the game-sounds like a fun band show to see.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, did you get yourself a beer when you weren't offered one? LOL

    Good luck with your game. We have one too. I'll go from one training to another to the football game. Longggg day, but I will love ending it with football!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The diarrhea song, forgot about that one.
    Quite the rebel with the beer!
    Enjoyed my visit to your Blog, hope to visit again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to your team!! Ours got knocked out in the second round (ten minutes ago). Kind of a bummer... Good luck to yours! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I know lots of girls who like beer. I used to enjoy a brew now and then....seems the hops or all the yeast hurt my joints now. wine it is. :)
    I've not heard that song, and I think I'm happy about it.
    Who can ever have enough money....the more you make, the more you can share!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts