Friday Fragments

Mommy's Idea

I thought I'd at least try to get out the Hodgepodge & Friday Fragments out this week!  That's about the best I can do right now!

~  Thanksgiving was a success.  We didn't really do anything while we were at BIL & SIL's house.  Saturday was a day of football.  All. Day. Long.  Which wasn't a problem for me at all.  It was pretty neat to see 2 Small Town boys celebrating after 1 of them made a touchdown.  #89 graduated with MS, and the other graduated the year after.

Friday we had lunch at a German Restaurant.  Pretty good food, ditzy waitress.  CH looked at her and said, "You're from Southern Germany, right?"  To which she said, "No, I'm not from Germany at all."  (NS, Sherlock.  Thanks for clearing that up.)  It didn't get much better after that.  I won't even go into my MIL swiping some brown bread and putting it in her purse for later.

~ There is one class at one of my schools that has 6 speech students in it.  Tuesday, only 2 were there.  The flu & stomach bug is hitting hard, y'all.

~ Tomorrow is December 1st.  Does anybody have any idea where November went?

~  I'll probably put the Christmas decorations up this weekend.  There will be no strike for me this year.  (Last year I did NOTHING...no decorating, no candy making for the boys, no stockings.)  Hopefully the boys will appreciate it a little more this year.  Highly unlikely, but I can still hope.

~  My phone completely went wacko last weekend, so I'm back to a "regular" phone until we can find one.  We went to the cell store on Sunday and bought a used phone, but it froze while trying to download an app, so I took it back.  It's amazing what people will do for a phone:  the salesman said that someone had traded in a minivan for an iPhone 4.  Ridiculous.

~ The drive into work this morning was...magnificent.  The sunrise against the mountains was GORGEOUS.  I wanted to stop & take pictures, but that would've made me late, and I didn't have my camera with me.  I doubt if the picture would have done it justice.  The pink sunrise against purple mountains:  breathtaking!

14 comments:

  1. I get so anxious about flu season working around little kids... hand sanitizer is my best friend

    ReplyDelete

  2. I've never had any problems with my phone.

    But then, it's a DINOSAUR that doesn't even know what an Ap is!

    Hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sunrise sounds breathtaking. Thank you for sharing that. I don't often get to see the sunrises here, you can't see it from our home and I'm always home at that time, but I love a sunset. All the colors, so beautiful.

    I hope you enjoy your holiday traditions and I hope the boys do too. It would be wonderful if they told you that, but, you're right, that's not exactly a guy thing to do. Still, I bet they'll be thrilled.

    I've lost November too, but I'd be glad if you found it--excepting Thanksgiving, it was wonderful but I really don't want to do that again so soon. ;)

    Have a great week. Don't catch those flu bugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think a minivan for an iphone is a little ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have no idea where this year went. It seems to be one big blur.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL....I had a dream last night that my screen disappeared from my cell phone. I went into panic mode.....but I don't think I traded in my car for one.
    Stay away from those sick kiddos. Can you wear a hazmat suit to work??

    ReplyDelete
  7. My November was taken up by NaBloPoMo. So glad it's over, and I can't believe how much I looked forward to December! It was fun, though.

    A minivan for an iPhone? Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am hoping to put mine up this weekend too....still feeling a bit scroogy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hate to hear that flu season is coming! I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I'm proud to say that my dinner went well--in spite of the fact that I pretty much butchered the poor turkey all over again when I tried to carve it. However, it didn't seem to keep anyone from eating!German restaurant sounds interesting--never been to one!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm working on my decorations. We're about 3/4 of the way there : ) Maybe you should take a picture of a bare tree and post it on the frig as a reminder of last year's strike?

    I can imagine your mountain sunrise-one of my favorite sites in all the world! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I feel that way about my entire year! Where in the heck did it go?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't put up my tree last year. I really miss having it up so I need to make a point of taking the time to do it this year. Walking past it every day helps keep me in the Christmas mood.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A minivan for a cell phone? Seriously? Unbelievable.

    Sure hope you're able to stay clear of those flu/stomach bug germs!

    We had an amazing moonrise a couple of nights ago. I tried to get a picture of it, but all I had was my cell phone ... couldn't even come close to doing it justice. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm so happy you are going to decorate this year!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts