Hugs for the Holidays

I've been extremely fortunate this far in my life to not know the grieving process first hand.  Both of my parents, all of my siblings, their spouses, and their children, as well as my own children are still with us.  I do know the day will come when this will not be so.

I ran across the above link through Mrs. 4444.  If you click on the above picture, you will be taken to a blogger who suffered a devastating loss in 2011:  the unexpected loss of her 12 year old son in a drowning accident.  This is her 2nd Christmas without her son, but she said that this will be the first year with the shock worn off.  Her blog post is for anyone who has endured a loss, and she invites those to link up for support.

I spent yesterday baking, but those who have lost loved ones were on my mind the whole time.  CH asked me why I baked so much, and I told him that it was Christmas, and that's what you're suppose to do at Christmas.  But, I realized yesterday that there's an underlying purpose:  I reflect on people who have crossed my path throughout my life, remember those whom I haven't thought about in a long time, and remember those who have lost loved ones.  If you happen to be in the last category, please know that you were thought of.

My wish is for those who are grieving (for the loss of a parent, child, or other family member, a miscarriage, or for difficulty conceiving) to be at peace.
photo credit:  click on picture

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. And all I can say is thank-you for taking the time to write this.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna and I have become wonderful friends over the last year. Her posts are amazing. I write about her often and did a tree for Jack last Christmas. Keeping all families in my prayers whose lives have been changed forever. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Reading your post has given me a lump in my throat. A good lump. What a special post to be reaching out or bringing awareness to those who suffer a loss. THank you, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We know the family and my daughter babysat Jack when we were in the same private school. Every time I drive by his marker along the creek/road I think about Anna, Tim and Margaret.

    It's still hard to believe it happened.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts