Cool Wednesday Hodgepodge
1. When it comes to good manners, what two top your list of most important?
How about just saying "Excuse Me" and "Thank You"? It drives me crazy when people don't say either one of those.
2. Let's open a proverbial can of worms...Common Core. Are you familiar with the term (talking education reform in the USA)? If so, care to share your thoughts? In your opinion, what is one of the biggest issues schools (in your home country) face today?
Oh, yes. Since I work in a school system, I'm all too familiar with Common Core. What the geniuses that thought this up didn't realize is that you can't put all children in the USA in the same mold. They've taken away creativity from teaching. The teachers are more like robots doing what they're told, and they're very frustrated. The teacher evaluations aren't helping, either.
3. Name a celebrity whose fashion sense you admire and share why.
Kate Middleton comes to mind first. So sensible yet so elegant.
4. How are you affected by the changing seasons?
I love the changing seasons! All of them. I look forward to each one with anticipation!
5. Scariest book you've ever read?
"Three Days of Darkness" by Joyce Magner. I couldn't sleep for weeks. Think the whole world in total darkness: no batteries will work, and only a child can light a candle. Add demons coming after your soul to the mix, and you have a pretty scary book. I did a lot of praying! I finally talked to an uncle (who was a priest) about it; I think that's what finally got me calmed down!
6. What time of day are you most hungry? What's your go-to snack?
After school. I'm trying really hard to eat like I'm suppose to. That means yogurt & some graham crackers right around 3:00. (Of course, I just started that yesterday, so we'll see what happens!)
7. Do you lean more towards being too needy or too independent? Which do you find harder to deal with in others?
If you had asked me this 30 years ago, my answer would've been "too needy". I think I'm pretty independent at this stage. I still need CH's checkbook, though!
People who are too needy absolutely drive me bonkers. Grow a pair, already!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Things seem to be slowing down a bit at work...I only had 2 IEP meetings on my calendar for this week. That would normally mean that I can sleep 30 minutes later, but Ally (my schnauzer) decided she needed to take care of business at 4:30 a.m. yesterday. Guess I didn't make it clear to her that I could sleep a little later!
Labels: Wednesday Hodgepodge