Foolin' Around with the Wednesday Hodgepodge



Looking for my "B" for my A-Z post?  Click here.

1. Since these questions are posting on the first day of April it seems only right to ask-when was the last time you did something foolish? If you can't answer that one, try this one-when was the last time someone fooled you?
I think I do something foolish every day.  Too many to pinpoint just one!

2. What's the last biography or non-fiction book you've read? Was it any good?
Picnic at the Iron Curtain by Susan Viets  The author is a journalist who was there when the wall came down.  The reader follows her from London, to Eastern Europe behind the wall.  Very interesting.

3. Garlic-friend or foe? What's your favorite dish made with garlic?
Oh, how I love garlic!!!  I don't have a favorite dish, but I usually at least double the amount of garlic you're supposed to put in recipes!

4. Several Spring flower festivals happen in the US during the month of April. Of those listed, which would you most like to see in person...The Skagit Tulip Festival in Skagit Washington, The Dogwood Arts Festival in Knoxville Tennessee, The North Carolina Azalea Festival in Wilmington North Carolina or the Daffodil Festival Weekend on Nantucket Island, Massachussets?
Since the Dogwood Arts Festival is in my backyard, that one is OUT!  Callaway Gardens in Ga. is supposed to have amazing azaleas, but I couldn't find if they have a festival or not.  I would have to say the Daffodil Festival Weekend on Nantucket, just because it's in New England, and I've never been there.

5. How do you choose which blogs to read?  What is something that will make you stop and read every time? Something that makes you say, 'eh, think I'll skip this one and move on to the next'?
I read blogs where I have a common interest with that person.  I've been awful about visiting some every day.  Must do better with that!

6. April is National Mathematics Education Month so tell us, when did you last use math? 
I use math every day in my job.  Have to calculate those percentages to see how my kids are progressing!

7. In honor of the A-Z challenge kicking off on April 1...choose one word beginning with the letter A to describe your yesterday.
Awesome.  On Tuesdays (unlike Mondays & Wednesdays) I have time to breathe.  I have a couple of breaks to get things (like paperwork!) done.

8. Insert your own random thought here.
As I'm watching this, I'm listening to a story about the Hemp Bill in Tn.  They interviewed a woman that I bought some hemp seeds from at the Women Expo a few weeks ago.  If you haven't had hemp seeds, try it if you get a chance.  They kind of taste like sunflower seeds, actually.  They are supposed to help with memory, and help with cholesterol.  I don't know if that's what helped, but when I had blood drawn a couple of weeks ago, my level was lower than it had been.  Hmmmm.....

12 comments:

  1. I'm not familiar with hemp seeds. I haven't had as much time this year for blog reading either. I do the best I can, and try to catch up with everyone in my reader at least once a week, but I just can't read every post. Hope you enjoy your busy day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you know that I just discovered that I haven't been following you? Shame on me for my oversight, but I am now! Nope...never heard of hemp seeds, either. Interesting, though! If you want to see some gorgeous azaleas, head down to Savannah, Ga. in the springtime. They will blow you away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you and double the garlic every chance i get.
    I've never had hemp seeds but if they are healthy i'm willing to try. I can always use more help in the memory department.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Azalea festival at Calloway is beyond amazing. The Azalea festival at Bellingrath Gardens in Mobile is also breathtaking. You need to see them both.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Callaway Gardens has an azaelea festival. They certainly have enough of them to have one for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hadn't heard about eating hemp seeds, but if they're similar to sunflower seeds I'd probably enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm. Interesting about the hemp seeds. Thanks for telling us about that book. I love non fiction and that sounds so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't heard of hemp seeds however I am always looking for ways to keep my memory intact and my cholesteral down.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your right, it would fun to go to Nantucket to see the to see the Daffodils since I've never been to that area. I will look for those hemp seeds....I can always use help with my memory and my cholesterol!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My hubby has high cholesterol ... maybe I need to find some hemp seeds. I'm like you on garlic ... always double the amount called for!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm not a garlic gal. my Mom usually only seasoned things with onion, salt and pepper, maybe that explains my simple tastes. I don't use many herbs or extras when I cook, tho I have branched out some and have a few favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Picnic at the Iron Curtain sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts