Kids in the GSM


The Great Smoky Mountains are very kid-friendly.  This is a place where you don't see kids on electronic devices (no cell-service in the park!).  You'll see kids being kids.  You'll see them in the river swimming, or floating down the river in a tube.  You may see them skipping rocks in the river or riding their bikes down mountain roads.  In other words, it will take you back to another time.  It definitely brings a smile to your face!
The GSM has wonderful programs for kids during the spring, fall, and summer.  They have a Junior Park Ranger Program that offers wonderful things for the kids to do to learn about the Park.  They have paired with UT to offer a "Smoky Mountain Field School".  
To learn more about what the Smokies have to offer kids, click here.

9 comments:

  1. And don't forget the memorable 6th grade overnight, week-long field trip to Tremont for the kids of East Tennessee! Highlight of elementary school. Do they still do that?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of 5th Grades in "THE" county go for a few days. I completely forgot to mention how great the staff there is! I'm revising my post RIGHT NOW!!!

      Delete
    2. On second thought, no I'm not, because I'm using Tremont for my "T"!!! :D

      Delete
    3. I guess it was 6th grade for me back in the old days...before junior high became middle school! Totally enjoying your blog this month!

      Delete
  2. My kids LOVE being outdoors! State parks out great places for kids because they can be kids with all the outdoor activities that can be available. We haven't camped as a family in almost one year!!!! I'm looking forward to doing some soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice, kids not plugged in and tuned out! We need pictures...hard to remember kids not glued to something electronic. Wish parents would limit the kids use of them. I fear it's not healthy. Here for a-z Traveling Suitcase A-Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool with no cell service; a place where truly a kid ca be a kid!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son-in-law prefers mountains over the beach. Perhaps I can persuade him to take a trip to the beach if we stop in the Smokies along the way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not one to Camp, but I would sure enjoy a leisurely day there.

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts