Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. April showers bring May flowers, or so the saying goes. When did you last 'shower' attention on someone or have attention 'showered' on you? Did you love it, or did all that attention make you squirm?
This wasn't me, specifically, but rather a family gathering on Saturday.  My nephew and his wife recently adopted 2 children.  We all gathered at the nearby park for a potluck.  I never even saw the oldest (who is a girl) because she was off playing on the swings, but here's a picture of the youngest:
Isn't he just a doll-baby?  I just hope that when they're older, they realize just how lucky they are that they were chosen by those 2!

2. Share a favorite 'spring break' memory. Not talking about just the 'college spring break' thing, but any favorite spring break memory you'd like to share. Keep it family friendly please!
This is so weird, but I can't think of a single one.  

3. It's National Pecan Month...are you a fan? If so, what's your favorite dish that calls for pecans?
I love pecans!  I don't have a favorite...I like them all!

4.  'Put all your eggs in one basket', 'egg on your face', 'rotten egg', 'walk on eggshells', or 'a good egg'...which egg-spression could most recently be applied to your own life?
I'd have to say "good egg".  None of the others fit.

5.  In my experience___________________________________.
It's really difficult to get a child with a low IQ to correct an /r/.  (Sorry...that's the first thing that popped into my mind!)

6. What's a  favorite song with the word rain in its title or lyrics?
"The Rain, The Park, and Other Things" by the Cowsills.

7. What does the word hope mean to you?
A reason to believe.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.
Talk during lunch yesterday revolved around a story in the newspaper:  A guy led a high speed chase through a small community just outside of the Great Smoky Mountains into the Park, and into Cades Cove.  If you know anything about Loop Road in Cades Cove, you know that at times it's a big slow-moving mess.  Needless to say, he was caught and had a 2 handfuls of charges.

9 comments:

  1. Oh dear. He didn't make the best choice of get away routes did he : ) The little one is adorable! Congratulations to the happy family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do people continue to try to run from the cops? It rarely ends well for them!
    Congrats to your nephew, on his new family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your answer to #7. Short but sweet ... and true.

    Obviously that guy didn't think through his get-away. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely enjoyed your weekend potluck and your story of the guy in the high speed chase.

    ReplyDelete
  5. GREAT list. :) And yes, I love pecans, but I do not like pecan pie. I like them in salads, with chocolate, and by themselves. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is adorable. Are the children related to each other? That is so very sweet of your nephew and his wife. That is a great song by the Cowsill's. Glad that guy was caught!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you - Pecans anyway, any how.. I used to not like them, but now? I can tear up a bag in a blink. & their full of fat & calories -YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the random thought. As a huge fan o Cades Cove I can't imagine anyone trying to escape there....it is a loop. You go in...you come out....there is no where else to go. Griefus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how sweet for your nephew/wife adopting the two children. I'm gathering they were siblings, right? Takes special people to do so! LOL about the police chase; it always amazes me how anyone thinks they can out run the law.

    betty

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts